General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Anyone know someone who went to Wyotech?

Old 03-28-2011, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know someone who went to Wyotech?

I don't know if this is the proper section or not, but I'm assuming I'll get the least amount of trolls in this section.

So does anyone know anyone or have gone themselves to Wyotech? I'm specifically looking into their high performance powertrain program. I've already went the dealership route and ended up getting fucked over when the economy started declining.

I would love to get a career working on performance cars, formula one or the world challenge series is what I'm ultimately aiming for.

So does anyone have any suggestions or tips on where to start? This is looking like the best option so far.

Last edited by EGKID; 03-28-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:19 AM
Banned

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/g...e-schools.html

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/g...4-wyotech.html
Old 03-29-2011, 09:01 AM

F1 jobs & careers | Formula 1 jobs & careers | Motorsport jobs

AT&T Williams F1

edit: note: you will severely limit yourself to teams if you only speak english.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:13 AM
buildin' it

Originally Posted by Aoshi
F1 jobs & careers | Formula 1 jobs & careers | Motorsport jobs

AT&T Williams F1

edit: note: you will severely limit yourself to teams if you only speak english.
and he doesn't mean you need to learn mexican either.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:49 AM

Thanks guys, there goes that idea. When the hell did Wyotech get so expensive? When I was in high school I think it was closer to $25k now it's apparently closer to $40k. I'd rather start as a lube tech again at a dealership.

I had a horrible experience working at honda, they switched the lube techs to flat rate but if we sold more than 2 hours of work they would give it to a regular tech (which made it impossible to get anywhere close to 40hrs a week) I literaly started making half of what I use to. Then on top of that had to work 6 days a week every other week.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:23 PM
bassheadsent.net

was this Tampa Honda on florida?
Old 03-29-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by EGKID
Thanks guys, there goes that idea. When the hell did Wyotech get so expensive? When I was in high school I think it was closer to $25k now it's apparently closer to $40k. I'd rather start as a lube tech again at a dealership.

I had a horrible experience working at honda, they switched the lube techs to flat rate but if we sold more than 2 hours of work they would give it to a regular tech (which made it impossible to get anywhere close to 40hrs a week) I literaly started making half of what I use to. Then on top of that had to work 6 days a week every other week.
You serious?! Because wyotech is a flat out scam. It's a for profit school that teaches you nothing that you can't learn in the field or read in a book.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:48 PM
likes minute rice

i had a friend who went to wyotech, could barely change spark plugs when he came back.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by NT_Hardcore
was this Tampa Honda on florida?
Yup

I really just wanted to goto wyotech in hopes that the job placement program will get me in the door with racing.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:58 PM
lol wut?

Is wyotech kind of like full sail? If it is, stay the fuck away from those types of schools. Go to a real accredited school, because most of these private money making schools are not accredited. They have their own accreditation and for example if you go for teaching you will only be accepted by them. No other university will even look at you.

Quick Reply: Anyone know someone who went to Wyotech?