General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Fitment & Stance Discussion

Old 11-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Old School.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitment & Stance Discussion

Originally Posted by Silvia_San
yeah i don't have a nissan..... or, and i know it might be a challenge for you, how about you shut the fuck up so we don't have to listen to your dumbass. good compromise? yeah.....i mean you've been here long enough, i hoped maybe you'd figure out how this whole "forum" things work. you see the thing is, if you don't like a topic you can just not click on it. it's really that easy. i know mind blowing isn't it. maybe one of the mods can have a little sit down and show you if you behave.
You tell the mods to go ahead and do that. I've been here a long time, that's why its hard to bite your tongue when something so fucking preposterous as your wheel fad is becoming the norm. Just agree with me that its the next retarded ricer fad, basically ricers from FATF era who grew up and can afford slightly more expensive modifications. I will delete every one of my posts from this thread.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Mr. NiceGuy

Originally Posted by Rich
You tell the mods to go ahead and do that. I've been here a long time, that's why its hard to bite your tongue when something so fucking preposterous as your wheel fad is becoming the norm. Just agree with me that its the next retarded ricer fad, basically ricers from FATF era who grew up and can afford slightly more expensive modifications. I will delete every one of my posts from this thread.
Explain to me why you think that everyone should aim for power rather then appearance? Who gave you the right to make that decision? Just because you've been on a website for a long time? Times change. No ones forcing you to keep up, but you aren't going to change a thing by crying about it.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Old School.

Originally Posted by Taylorinalaska
Explain to me why you think that everyone should aim for power rather then appearance? Who gave you the right to make that decision? Just because you've been on a website for a long time? Times change. No ones forcing you to keep up, but you aren't going to change a thing by crying about it.
Well, the name of the site is TampaRacing after all. I'm going to archive this thread, I'm sure it'll be deleted down the road when the fad wears off and everyone acts like they weren't in full support.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

i think the "hella flush" bullshit is a fad. but stretched tires and wheel fitment have been around for a long time. same as fixed gear bikes, the hipster douchebags who think they're part of a "scene" are the same as the hella flush or cannibeat fags. but fixed gear bikes have been around since the late 1800's. basically hipsters ruin everything. so while i may agree that people have turned wheel fitment into a fad, i still like cars with good fitment wether or not it's the new "hip" thing or not and i'll still like it once people hop onto another bandwagon.

Last edited by Silvia_San; 11-22-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Old School.

i think the "hella flush" bullshit is a fad. but stretched tires and wheel fitment have been around for a long time. same as fixed gear bikes, the hipster douchebags who think they're part of a "scene" are the same as the hella flush or cannibeat fags. but fixed gear bikes have been around since the late 1800's. basically hipsters ruin everything. so while i may agree that people have turned wheel fitment into a fad, i still like cars with good fitment wether or not it's the new "hip" thing or not and i'll still like it once people hop onto another bandwagon.
I guess why I hate it so much is that it screams to me "I want to have wheels wide enough to lay a dollar bill in the rim, but I have an economy car. So I am going to stretch the tires, crank up the camber and pretend that it fits so I can say I am running a 19x11. It just seems like the ultimate poser move to me. I don't agree so much with the stretched tires because to me you get a wider wheel so you can run a wider tire, but its not nearly as bad as the 'hellaflush' as you call it.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Old School.

this car was around waaaaaaaay before any of this "hella flush" stickered lip, roof rack, trendy horse shit. and it was actually a competition car.
dude still knows how to build competetive super low cars.
That's another can of worms, drifting to me is about as much of a quantifiable competition as figure skating. We can save that for another thread. When you can post some pictures of radical 'flush' wheel geometry in any real sanctioned racing event where the cars have to turn in both directions I'll agree.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
No

It's funny you bring up the fact that this site is TampaRacing. I think Zate and Aharon would beg to differ seeing as how they removed everything from this site that represented Tampa RACING.

I would think for an old school member like yourself you would have recognized this fact a long time ago. Maybe it's time for you to find your home elsewhere, somewhere where they still cherish racing as the only thing you can do with a car. This site has had a solid balance between form and function for a long time, but what's funny is you don't see the people that appreciate form going into a thread about a car that does the 1/4 in the 10's talking shit. Instead you see the racing guys bitching and moaning about how the car they are looking at doesn't have $10k worth in engine modifications.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:12 PM
(•_•)

everyone needs to race there cars
everyone needs to turn at high speeds
everyone needs to have tires that are wider than the wheel
everyone needs to have at least 5" of ground clearance
and if you dont, your car is retarded
Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Old School.

Zate and Aharon don't openly condone public street racing on this site because they don't want to be sued or appear in court, not because they weren't out there every Saturday night doing it.

There is a big difference between having a car that functions well and looks good and simply putting shit on your car that doesn't fit, and makes it perform worse. Give me ONE positive to putting big, heavy, over sized wheels on a car with tires that don't fit and triple the negative camber while limiting the suspension travel to an inch.

Seriously, do you guys even have cars that look like this garbage or just aspire for it? Is it like the big rapper gold chain of the automotive industry these days? You'd swear you tools have stock in this fad, you defend it like its your family heritage or something.

Its the new rice, case closed.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:12 PM
No

Zate and Aharon don't openly condone public street racing on this site because they don't want to be sued or appear in court, not because they weren't out there every Saturday night doing it.

There is a big difference between having a car that functions well and looks good and simply putting shit on your car that doesn't fit, and makes it perform worse. Give me ONE positive to putting big, heavy, over sized wheels on a car with tires that don't fit and triple the negative camber while limiting the suspension travel to an inch.

Seriously, do you guys even have cars that look like this garbage or just aspire for it? Is it like the big rapper gold chain of the automotive industry these days? You'd swear you tools have stock in this fad, you defend it like its your family heritage or something.

Its the new rice, case closed.
It's no different than someone defending a piece of shit DSM. At the end of the day, we all have our opinions. The difference is I don't go out of my way to make sure that in a DSM only thread I point out why DSM's are shitty. You however, are doing everything you can to make sure everyone in this thread knows that you don't like it. Guess what? We don't give a fuck. We like this style, you don't. Go find somewhere else to post, rather than continuing to post about how you don't agree with it.

Also, please point out where big heavy wheels were the standard for this style? If I remember correctly, Volk TE-37's have continually been posted as well multiple other racing inspired wheels. I think if you took the time to value the amount of work and effort that went into producing the finished product you would change your opinion slightly. You may not approve of it still, but it isn't your vehicle so it doesn't matter.

Last edited by Projekt; 11-22-2010 at 06:15 PM.