General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Tampa International Raceway

Old 09-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Lucky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tampa International Raceway

Found this and thought I would share. There are some other really great races in the video selection besides this one. For those that dont know, TIR is the Florida State Fairgrounds. Enjoy!

Tampa IMSA Race
It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...
Old 09-24-2010, 07:34 AM

Nice!

Jeremy

Old 09-24-2010, 01:31 PM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

Great find! I heard that noise complaints from the locals near the fairgrounds is the reason why the fairgrounds road course never got much use and is now a memory.

Thank god St Pete at least is willing to make the investment to bring real road racing to the area now.

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol
Old 09-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Lucky

Originally Posted by S60R
Great find! I heard that noise complaints from the locals near the fairgrounds is the reason why the fairgrounds road course never got much use and is now a memory.

Thank god St Pete at least is willing to make the investment to bring real road racing to the area now.
Thanks! I enjoy the LeMans racing in St Pete again. Also, I made an overlay for another thread and thought I would post it here too.

It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...
Old 09-28-2010, 05:57 AM
Formerly Dentwizard

Thanks for the link! Im watching the 1992 Road Atlanta GTP race to get ready for the Petit Le Mans. Man has that track changed, I think i like the old layout better except for the pit.

According to the entry list for the Petit Le Mans there will be 45 cars which is crazy. I just hope it doesnt rain like last year. Rain is cool but that place floods with bad rain, plus muddy clay is no fun.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered Hater

This is honestly new news to me that Tampa had a road course. Pretty bad ass watching those cars.

Honda builds go from yay to gay in the matter of a K.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Bob

that looked like a good road course. Good passing room, wide corners for a good apex, long straights... I like the road course in St. Pete, but this would have been a great course. Not very technical, but still a fast course.

Slowboy Racing, Perrin Performance, Cobb Tuning, Invidia, Subaru Tenica International, and eBay !!!

If you need a car stereo install, email me at imsowrxy@gmail.com. I come to you for the install.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:24 AM
Sexist

Originally Posted by S60R
I heard that too, but I also heard that folks living around the fairgrounds didn't even know there was a race going on. Chances are some bigshot got left out of the club so he fabricated the noise bullshit out of spite.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:25 PM
santa fe pimp

Very nice
Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

A bit of history: Former race tracks in Florida. Some good links to other information and pictures.
This is from the glory days of when Sports Car Races were held at the Florida State Fairgrounds
on US301 South of I-4-Bob
ttt

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Quick Reply: Tampa International Raceway