General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Screw This Flat & Strait Crap, Driving In The Mountains Rocks !

Old 08-22-2010, 06:02 PM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screw This Flat & Strait Crap, Driving In The Mountains Rocks !

I finally had a chance to upload a few pics and a vid of my recent trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway with the R. Half the fun was just getting there and back, lol.

Even had a cop that was nice enough to let me off with a warning for doing sixty something in a 35 MPH zone.

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/SAM_2705.jpg

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/SAM_2704.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/v/430063163515

Feel free to share your own mountain driving pics, vids and stories too.

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol
Old 08-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Banned

My family lives up there. I will have to find my pics when I took the Focus up there.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Registered Hater

Me + turns = no good. I cant just cruise railing turns, I have to drive like its a touge race and if I'm not on the limits its not fun lol. Already learned my lesson with that real hard, I became too excited and lost the calmness... didnt think but I hit the brakes what was meant to be an ease while on the gas became a jab too quick and there goes the ass end whipping around. Thinking back easily could have prevented and saved it but of course its too late. This is why I love fast go kart tracks. I can rail turns on the edge all day and if I screw up it just bruises your shoulders from the harness and the kart is fine. This is also why I own an ATV lol.

Honda builds go from yay to gay in the matter of a K.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:01 AM

Glad you had fun. I am leaving early Wednesday morning to head up to the cabin in Blue Ridge.

Last edited by Young,Fablous,&Broke; 08-23-2010 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 AM

I'd take mountains over the flat roads in Florida any day.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:12 AM
I race sailboats

Originally Posted by FoxHondaRider
Me + turns = no good. I cant just cruise railing turns, I have to drive like its a touge race and if I'm not on the limits its not fun lol. Already learned my lesson with that real hard, I became too excited and lost the calmness... didnt think but I hit the brakes what was meant to be an ease while on the gas became a jab too quick and there goes the ass end whipping around. Thinking back easily could have prevented and saved it but of course its too late. This is why I love fast go kart tracks. I can rail turns on the edge all day and if I screw up it just bruises your shoulders from the harness and the kart is fine. This is also why I own an ATV lol.

If your karts have harnesses they don't sound very fun to me.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 AM

those are some of the best roads around here!!! Heres my truck on the Cherohala Skyway in the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

All the track and auto-x time I have under my belt comes in handy when you are executing some 0 tolerance hairpins and sweepers up in the mountains with a long deadly cliff and no guardrail off to the outside, lol.

I love me some 3d driving where ever it may be, but I miss the western mountains like the desert rockies the most since you have much less vegetation blocking your view of the amazing vistas out there. Its a shame its such a long haul to get out west or I'd love to get some mountain driving in out there and run in something like the Silver State Classic Challenge.

Silver State Classic Challenge: A Brief History! (history.htm)

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol
Old 08-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Registered Hater

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq!
If your karts have harnesses they don't sound very fun to me.
You have a 3 point harness, motorcycle helmet, and a neck brace lol. It's so much fun but if you crash it does bruise you up a bit. I rear ended a guy that got into an accident after slowing down about 40mph and my shoulders hurt for a week lol fun as all hell though.

Honda builds go from yay to gay in the matter of a K.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 PM
lol @ tampa

Just got back from Colorado

The Max was a rental, second time Ive had a Max as a rental. Great corner carver, excellent auto/cvt trans, brakes and steering feel were top notch.

|Full color business cards||flyers||postcards||more|