General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Renting a garage for a day or so?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renting a garage for a day or so?

So basically; I wish to rent a garage to do a engine swap. I can do it in about 6 hours, it's pretty basic on a subaru no hidden bolts or anything.

Does anyone have any places around in clearwater/largo which would do this? I've been to a few shops and they can't do it mainly because of the insurance liability.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:43 AM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

It may be hot and you might want to have a tarp in case it starts raining, but why not just do it in your driveway or parking lot?

You are right that no commercial shop will let you do it for commercial reasons unless you know someone very well at one.

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol
Old 07-21-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by S60R
It may be hot and you might want to have a tarp in case it starts raining, but why not just do it in your driveway or parking lot?

You are right that no commercial shop will let you do it for commercial reasons unless you know someone very well at one.
Live in an HOA; I pulled the engine from a parts car; they said if I did it again that they were going to have fun.

Shit sucks, don't live in an HOA.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:03 AM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

All they can do is fine you if it even goes that far. Just do it, the fine still may be less than what renting a garage would have set you back anyways.

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol
Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by S60R
All they can do is fine you if it even goes that far. Just do it, the fine still may be less than what renting a garage would have set you back anyways.
They already fined me, lol. They were starting the papers on kicking me out and random shit. Plus it's not my place either, leasing from landlord as well, so double the fun. Already had the land lord and HOA president come knock on my door.... what fun that was.

At this point I'm thinking of rolling into a walmart parking lot and doing an engine swap there lol. Prolly a autozone for the more luls factor.

Just sucks. Ya know? I can fix my darling car, but can't because no space. Usually it's the opposite; you have the driveway ; but not the knowledge .

But you're in clearwater, how bout lending out your driveway.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:11 PM
All Aboard

You can use my garage, I have air tools, etc...just throw me 100.00 for the day...and sign paperwork saying you won't sue if you drop an engine on your leg.

I'm in st pete...have a hoist etc.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:18 PM
El Puto ©

Originally Posted by chet
You can use my garage, I have air tools, etc...just throw me 100.00 for the day...and sign paperwork saying you won't sue if you drop an engine on your leg.

Good guy.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by chet

If only I knew of you today at 12...... YEAH

This is where I am now; lol. Was going to try to do a engine swap at one of these storage places but the combined heat w/ abestos in the air (lol @ myself when I'm 50)... just doesn't work out

As for tools, do you have a lift (like for the car)? if you do, I'll so be there tomorrow,
Old 07-27-2010, 10:24 AM

BUMP Still need one.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:56 AM
they call me baby Jesus

shared_pm chet.