General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Thinking of getting an EVO.........

Old 02-11-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thinking of getting an EVO.........

I am really thinking of getting an EVO, and I found one. Its an 06 MR with 25k on it, for $11,500. The lady is selling it for her husband who is in canada working on the ice roads. He barely drives it and is in mint condition. The only thing is that it is located in Trinida, Colorado. What do you guys think about this car. I think its a hell of a deal, just never bought a car online like that before. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 PM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

Sounds like a scam to me, 11,500 for an 06 MR with 25k miles?

-Winston Churchill
Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 PM

I know, i thought so too, let me see if i can find the post again
Old 02-11-2010, 08:14 PM

Yeah sounds like BS to me. Was it advertised on CL in a Florida section? Colorado?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:21 PM
O-hisashiburi desu ne

If your still interested, talk to Lancerman on here. I believe he still has a Charcoal Grey Evo 9 that he recently put back to stock.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 PM
El Puto ©

Brb, snagging this deal from under you.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Obakesan
If your still interested, talk to Lancerman on here. I believe he still has a Charcoal Grey Evo 9 that he recently put back to stock.
Why not just buy a stock one that has never been modded to hell?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:23 AM

I'd check the title and make sure it is clear. Also have a mechanic go through every inch of the car. ONLY, and ONLY after everything checks out I'd jump on that deal like like there is no tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:05 AM
lol @ tampa

classic scam, craigslist i assume?

|Full color business cards||flyers||postcards||more|
Old 02-12-2010, 07:38 AM

Hey man, if you found this vehicle on Craigslist and they sent you message wanting to go through eBay for a safe transaction it's 100% a scam. I buy and resell vehicles and I literally get messages EVERYDAY like this.. "Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my vehicle. The vehicle is in perfect condition - like new! If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title. For this transaction I want to use ebay because I want to provide you a fast and very secure way. They will handle the transaction for me. You will make the payment to ebay and they will hold the money until you receive and inspect the vehicle. ONLY AFTER you receive the vehicle and you inspect it (you have 5 days for inspection) ebay will release the payment to me. The inspection time period will begin as soon as you receive the vehicle at your address. Meanwhile eBay will hold the money into a trust account. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the vehicle before you decide to buy it. This way we are both protected : i will know that i have a serious buyer who has the money to pay me and you will be able to see and inspect the vehicle before buying it .
The vehicle is priced to sell quickly and the final price that I'm asking for it is $5,100 including shipping and handling costs. My husband died in Iraq 3 months ago and I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and move to my sister. I can't afford to take days off my work for this sale so i'm trying to sell it online.
If you are really interested in purchasing the vehicle please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. Ebay will give you all the details regarding the shipping and payment.
I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Regards!

Christina Siemens

P.S.: Below you will a full desription and the pictures i have taken for this sale. Please take a closer look before you decide.

Year 2003
Exterior Black
Make Land Rover
Interior Black
Model Range Rover
Mileage 62,850
Engine 4.4
Mileage: 62,850 miles
Vehicle Information
Vehicle title: Clear
Condition: Used

So.. I went ahead and tried to make it difficult for this individual, I asked for her phone number.. This is the message I received..

"Let me explain you why I chose Ebay to complete this transaction online and why I can't make a phone conversation right now. I am not able to make this transaction in the classic way because I've suffered an ears surgery last month and I am making a treatment with liquid solutions witch makes my life impossible. All people whisper to me and I must continue this way for a few months . Imagine, I would prefer to give a call and set up all the details instead of writing e-mails, but I don't have other alternative. I have used eBay Vehicle Protection Program several times in the past (as a seller but as well as a buyer) and everything was perfect. I can assure you the transaction will end smoothly for both of us. It's a fast and safe way to make an online transaction. If you have any questions please email me and I will answer you asap.I understand your point of view also and I don't want to force you to buy something in a way you are not confortable with. Sending the payment to eBay places you under no obligation to purchase the vehicle if you are not satisfied with it . It enables eBay to secure the transaction until you receive and inspect the vehicle.

Please let me know your final decision as soon as possible!"