General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

REALLY old school cars of Tampa

Old 10-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Haul'n the Family

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REALLY old school cars of Tampa

I was browsing around in the historical photo archives of Tampa, and was looking for cool old Tampa related car pics. There is all kinds of stuff to look at in there. Check it out, post some cool stuff that you find:
Burgert Brothers Photography Index

Automobile racer in Sig. Haugdahl's "3 Mile-a-Minute" Wisconsin Special, people in grandstand in background: Tampa, Fla. Circa 1924

Auto racing at the Florida State Fair : Tampa, Fla. Circa 1927

Speedboat races with spectators watching along Bayshore Boulevard crowded with parked cars : Tampa, FL. Circa 1925

Auto races at Florida State Fair : Tampa, Fla. Circa 1932

Automobile races at the Florida State Fairgrounds, two views: Tampa, Fla. Circa 1951

View of automobile mishap at the 20th Street crossing in Ybor City: Tampa, Fla. Circa 1919

Gandy Bridge; two-lane, poured-concrete bridge with automobile traffic: Tampa, Fla. Circa 1924

Franklin Street (500-600 blocks) looking north towards trolleys and automobile traffic: Tampa, Fla. Circa 1925

Atlantic Tire Service building at 401 Lafayette Street (Kennedy Blvd.), men working on tires of parked automobiles outside building: Tampa, Fla. Circa 1920

Automobile on Bayshore Boulevard (1500 block) looking southeast towards shoreline: Tampa, Fla Circa 1915

Lafayette Street Bridge (Kennedy Bridge), trolley, automobile traffic and crowds during Gasparilla celebration: Tampa, Fla Circa 1922

Foreign cars unloaded at Luckenbach terminal : Tampa, Fla. Circa 1959

Parking lot at Montgomery Ward, 1701 North Dale Mabry Highway : Tampa, Fla. Circa 1960

Mc Donald's 3515 Dale Mabry Highway South, on the northwest corner of Dale Mabry Highway South and Kensington Street : Tampa, Fla. Circa 1962
Old 10-10-2009, 01:27 PM
E & I Certified

very interesting. thanks .
Old 10-10-2009, 01:36 PM
i love girls

Wow that awesome foreals

Jst4shw store: HID's-LED's-LUGNUT's-STICKER's-JDM GOODIES's

Like us on facebook
Old 10-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Feel teh rally bishes!

Wow those pictures are pretty neat! Rep for you!

1992 GTS 3sgte from hell! // 1990 GT liftback Stock 3sgte
Old 10-10-2009, 03:44 PM

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!
Old 10-10-2009, 03:57 PM
The Integra Guru!

Sweeeeet, Thanks for that

Originally Posted by 94lsteg
You sided with the wrong guy dummy... Josh has forgot more than you have learned about Hondas.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:22 PM
technician ...

really intresting ...

I wonder how long did we have trolleys for down here ?

its also intresting that we had power lines in 1915 ...

Originally Posted by George Orwell 1984
Its presupposed that somewhere or other, outside oneself, there was a "real" world where "real" things happened. But how could there be such a world? What knowledge have we of anything, save through our own mind? All happenings are in the mind. What ever happens in all minds, truly happens.
Originally Posted by Funk
Your mind contains the whole universe, the key is being able to see past yourself, this world, and thought itself.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Haul'n the Family

Originally Posted by kapone
really intresting ...

I wonder how long did we have trolleys for down here ?

its also intresting that we had power lines in 1915 ...
Tampa had streetcars (trolleys) up till after WWII. They ran all over Tampa, even all the way out to Ballast Point.
They tore them out and incorporated buses and bus routes instead during the 1950's thinking it was the more modern thing to do. Big mistake. Interestingly enough I heard that one of the street cars that currently runs the new Channelside/Ybor connection is actually one of the old cars that has been restored. And in the Spaghetti Warehoue restraunt there is another of the old original street cars.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:12 PM
technician ...

^thanks for the info ...

Originally Posted by George Orwell 1984
Its presupposed that somewhere or other, outside oneself, there was a "real" world where "real" things happened. But how could there be such a world? What knowledge have we of anything, save through our own mind? All happenings are in the mind. What ever happens in all minds, truly happens.
Originally Posted by Funk
Your mind contains the whole universe, the key is being able to see past yourself, this world, and thought itself.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Sexist

I love old photography especially when there is a short description with it. Thanks for the pics.

I can't help thinking of how much fun it was in those days without today's regulations and crap. Those guys built cars in barns and garages and ran in some of the biggest races of the era. Adjusted for the times their budgets were probably less than a lot of ours are today.