General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

wrx meets curb

Old 03-27-2002, 07:57 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

an evil curb near the orlando executive airport attacked the wrx.

the curb won.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:59 PM
get big or die trying!!

i bet the tranny broke to
Old 03-27-2002, 08:00 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

the rota sub zeros took the most hurtin. all in all no body damage and no one hurt. we missed a light pole by about 2 feet and i think we missed it because this front rim decided to become a 2 piece rim. small subframe dent up front new tie rods needed and swaybar endlink and bushing. back end will need new axle hub assembly control arms whatever else its made of. an expensive little mishap but not a total loss.

awd does not own sand covered spots in the road. esp when it has 4 people inside and only a semi-experienced driver. all will be well and it shall return!
Old 03-27-2002, 08:01 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

luckily nothing besides what i listed was wrong with it. still gonna be between $2500-3000 in repairs but hes lucky he has the dough. coulda been worse.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:03 PM
Captain Catastrophe

(in jason lee voice) ho-ly shit
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

ay the redneck towtruck drivers (who drive awfully fast with a $27000 car on the back of it) did another $500-800 in the damages by hauling the bitch on the back. we put the spare on the front but the back was pretty much fucked so they just had to slide it on there...which turned the back wheel upwards as shown twisting some more axle and whatnot. the only way to do it though.

I dont think rims are suppose to do that. Sucks Big time but like you said at least no one was hurt and you did miss the pole.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:08 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

last one for the evening. i wont be posting the ones with the owner hehe. i was in the back passenger side. there were some sandy areas beginning to accumulate on the end of the curve which is about ~35 degree turn or so...probably closer to 40 degrees. the exit was bad since we happened to be going somewhat faster than we should have and the back end slid caught the curb slid along the dirt (while the front rim was sliding sideways since the wheel was turned all the way right) and the front wheel deciding to end itself caused us to stop just short of the pole while the rear wheel decided to try and break free from the suspension assembly haha. all windows were down and a huge dirt rift was flying through the car i got pictures of the hand print i left on the seat while the other hand on the OH SHIT bar which i might add works very well but tis all good.

a stupid experience and driver error but all turned out fine. the skyline and the wrx were hitting these roads just 2 weeks before (the skyline owns the curves just as well).
Old 03-27-2002, 08:10 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

ah hell one last one for the hell of it.

my friend didnt develop the pix of me and some people running around with a rim around our waists or holding the rim like a ghetto necklace...

i will get those...
Old 03-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Captain Catastrophe

ouch.. looking at that shit hurts holmes...but hey! all wheel stearing!