General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Where is my cash for not having a clunker?

Old 09-05-2009, 08:45 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is my cash for not having a clunker?

Here is my thought. If all the fuck ups who bought these gas guzzling dinasours named Ford Explorers that were the top trade ins for the Cash for Clunkers deal get $4500 from ego boy and his croonies then this is what "I" want for not having one:

I want $4500 to do an engine build of my choice.

I would be supporting aftermarket businesses and OEM manufacturers, not to mention local machine shops and mechanics.

It's my f'ing tax money so why can't I ask for this?

Face it we on this board would put that money to good use in "our" community.

Look at NHRA and ALMS, their sponsors are drying up. Hell John Force might have to drop a car or rearrange his crew!

I'll just sit back and listen to the crickets now because as usual the good kids get nothing but the pat on the back and their wallets raped while the fuck ups get the hand outs.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 09-05-2009, 09:11 PM

true story they should make all the people who trade in with cash for clunkers put a riveted metal tag on their trunk that says "I'm the dumbass who took your tax money"
Old 09-05-2009, 10:34 PM
grand am guru

Originally Posted by chi town brat
I'll just sit back and listen to the crickets now because as usual the good kids get nothing but the pat on the back and their wallets raped while the fuck ups get the hand outs.

Didn't you know? That's how our government works. The only people who get money are those who don't need it. And the rest of us pay while the government wastes our money. Doesn't matter if it's O-dum-a or someone else... politicians are all the same.

I should move to Canada... less morons there and their govnerment isn't as F'd up. Only messed up thing is how much they have to pay for gas, cars, and everything they import from here.

My ride: 2000 Grand Am GT
Supercharged, dropped, RK sport kit, Baer brakes, riding on 17" forged centerlines.
Check my car domain page if ya have time.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386767
Old 09-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Ruhe in Frieden Pablo

What's next, the government doing a bailout for people that live in trailers?
Old 09-05-2009, 11:25 PM
dum de dum

I agree....where is my check?
1991 Nissan 240sx - Sold

1990 Nissan 240sx - Sold
1993 BMW 325i - Traded
1990 Nissan 240sx TotaledTOT
2009 Nissan Sentra -
Sold2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
2006 Yamaha R1 - Stolen
2000 Nissan Sentra - Daily Driver
Old 09-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Mark G

lol people with clunkers didnt really win.

They didn't just get 4500 in the mail or driving a peice of shit.

They probably got 4000-4500 for something they could have sold themselves for 1500-3000, BUT they have to buy a brand new car.

I know damn well people that can only afford to drive 1500-3000 dollar cars realistically (people get way too irrational when they think they're getting '4500 free') can NOT afford the 15,000-40,000 car in the first place.

These cars are going to be repo'd and their credit will be fucked, no doubt in my mind.

So don't worry about it
Old 09-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Wheres the damn detonator

The money should have been given to the clunkers themselves to actually not make them clunkers. Give the owners the ability to take their cars to a shop and get a tune up, minor repairs, possibly new tires and such. This would directly stimulate the local economy, and give people the opportunity to get their vehicles running right...not making them going out and getting into payments.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Shake n bake

Originally Posted by markzeronine
These cars are going to be repo'd and their credit will be fucked, no doubt in my mind.

So don't worry about it
Obama will bail them out anyway when their credit gets fucked.

Where is my "I'm not a dumb fuck and can manage my money and don't live outside of my means" money?
Old 09-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

i'm still mad about the bud light. drink a real beer pussy!
Old 09-06-2009, 09:09 AM

i dont think that this program was implemented to bail out the people driving the clunkers.... i think it was supposed bail out the automobile manufacturers. however your point on stimulating the "local economy" is very valid. it would be nice to get something in return for not being a fuck up!