General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

please help someone

Old 08-16-2009, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help someone

if anyone has a carfax can you please run this vin for me?

1B3ES26C33D207929

I let my girlfriend buy a car from a shitty buy here pay here, against my better judgment. When she purchased the car It had some vibrations, motor mounts are bad. In the terms of the purchase i made it clear that we wanted the motor mounts replaced, it was written down in the contract.

We dropped the car of Thursday to have it done. They had the car the entire day and when we got it the vibrations were still there. Today I took the car to Goodyear to have it checked out, and all hell broke loose. It pulled 22 codes in the computer diagnostic, the ecu is bad, the motor mounts were not done, the check engine light had been popped, and last but not least they found a GPS tracking unit under the hood. Anyone have this happen to them any advice? We are waiting to hear back from her Aunts attorney. In my mind they violated the contract by not fulfilling the terms of the motor mounts and should have to return the deposit in full.

I believe the GPS unit is an illegal act unless it is knowingly and willfully installed by the owner. Any idea?

Popping the check engine light is a federal offense and has some severe punishments.

What does the TR legal advice team think?

And yes we were morons i had a bad feeling from the start and should not have bought this car. I was a fucking retard.

what I read next made me so mad that I headbutt myself in the face.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:44 PM
PWN5 J00

I promise you somewhere a paper she signed (could be small print) said the GPS unit is in the car. I take care of a lot a small car lots and they all have them in there cars. Mainly because people buying cars from those lots are the type to stop paying and hide the car.

They will monitor how fast you go and where the car is located. They also usually have a clause that says if device is removed or powered off they will repo the car. When you pay off the car they ask for you to bring it in so they can give you a "free detailing" or maintenance oil change, and this is when they remove the device.

As for the CEL being "popped" do you mean no bulb??? If so most likely they did it, but can deny liability saying they didnt know. You really cant trust those places man. I have a few friends, on top of my clients I deal with that work at them and they even tell me they are crooks. lol

Last edited by cpages2; 08-16-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
RIP DJ YOU WILL BE MISSED

I run a small lot and as he stated i promise you she signed saying the gps was there. I am also sure that you signed a form saying the car was sold "as-is", if you stated and had the dealer sign saying the motor mounts would be replaced that will be the only thing you be able to go after. You will never EVER be able to prove that the dealer popped the check engine light whether they did or not.

sadly the fact that she went to a buy here pay here tells me that the dealer will have far more financial abilities if you try to take them to court and in the end you will lose.

My lot is completely legitimate and we work with people alot on these sort of things but most dealers are not that way and they will probably tell you to fuck off.

also you took the car to good year, i gaurantee they stretched the truth just a bit.................... they are telling you all the things they "could" do to the car, and not necessarily what needs to be done, everytime they say it "needs" something, just insert the words "could use" instead of "needs" and you will be a little more informed.

also i hope you did not look at the car for her because if you did and all of that is really wrong, you need to stop buying cars.

good luck.

RIP my very best friend. DJ aka djzstang1 you will be missed dearly. I love you bro.

1995 240sx se
1992 240sx
1990 240sx se
1991 240sx hicas sr20det MDX
1991 240sx project coupe
1990 240sx drift beater hatch
1993 240sx sr20det
Old 08-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Mr. NiceGuy

Ouch, you win some you lose some. For some fun, take the gps out, take it to the dealership at night, hide it, and write "fuck you" on it.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Mr. NiceGuy

WOA WOA WOA, back up. Neons are know for being fucked up, this was straight up a bad desicion. There are so many reliable makes, but older dodges arent one of them. Trust me, I've driven one that wasn't taken care of, and it wasn't worth the 300 i almost bought it for.

to any neon owners, im sure if you take care of it it will run good, but that isnt the case for used car lots and the previous owners of them.

to the OP, you either need to get rid of it, or identify every issue with the car, and be prepared to fix it as soon as possible. When a problem starts, it can only lead to more problems. Cracked radiator > overheating > fried gaskets > failcar.

No offense, but If it were me, Id either be fixing it or selling it at the moment.

And FYI, we all make this mistake once in our lives, dont fret it, lol.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Mark G

damn.

And also about the light being out, it is considered a federal offence. I'm pretty sure with the right lawyer they could get fucked hard for it.

Weather or not they can prove that they took it out or not, there is probably something in the law that says used peice of shit buy here pay here places have to check for that too.

The shop I worked at helped sell this peice of shit 911 to some dude up north, and the previous owner of the car (not the shop I worked at that helped sell it) may be dealing with some legal actions for taking the bulb out.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:04 PM

She most likely signed something to legally protect them, HOWEVER, here is what you do:

Give them notice, written or verbal, of the resolution your seeking. Sometimes a Fax or Certified letter will help, as a phone conversation can be easily disconnected or become heated, the seriousness may not be portrayed. Tell them, if I do not get this resolution within X Time, here is what I am going to do; *NOW* before doing any of the below, make a post on TampaRacing with the Dealer's Name/Location in the Subject, and make sure it's in the body too, make sure you share your experience factually.

- File a report with the BBB
- File a claim with the COUNTY Department of Justice and Consumer Services
- File a report with the Department of Motor Vehicles Licensing
- Continue to run reviews online about their business so that if anybody searches them or searches for directions to them on Google, they will see your reviews.
- Issue a chargeback with Credit/Debit card company (if you paid this way) You may not win, but it will cause sever hassle for them to dispute it back and forth.
- File a civil suit in the county (Only costs <$100) you may not win, but I am sure they don't want to show up for court.

Do this after about 24 hours since you made the TampaRacing post, now when you google their dealership name, or the dealership name and the area their in, your post will be on the top of Page #1 of Google... Tell them to do this to see that you are very serious about reaching a resolution.

Hope this helps, sometimes you have to take the law into your own hands... IF THEY still don't reach a resolution, do absolutely everything mentioned above.

Good luck.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:16 PM

Damn that sucks! but that's why you never buy a car w/out a carfax report.
It has 21 records and for an 03 car that's alot! G/L with the whole situation!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Mr. NiceGuy

topleadsbiz, awesome advice, let us know how this all turns out.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:35 PM
RIP DJ YOU WILL BE MISSED

[quote=markzeronine;6965451]damn.

Weather or not they can prove that they took it out or not, there is probably something in the law that says used peice of shit buy here pay here places have to check for that too.

quote]

there is not, all used cars sold in fl by dealers are sold "AS-IS" any warranty must be through a warranty agency. Again if she signed the form stating the vehicle was sold as is with no warranty, (which unless the dealer is fucking retarded she did) there is nothign you can do, The bbb won't care because it is a car lot and everybody bitches about their used cars. the most damaging thing you could do would be to publically protest near the lot, which would be funny.

RIP my very best friend. DJ aka djzstang1 you will be missed dearly. I love you bro.

1995 240sx se
1992 240sx
1990 240sx se
1991 240sx hicas sr20det MDX
1991 240sx project coupe
1990 240sx drift beater hatch
1993 240sx sr20det