General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Dale Jr. Gets a New Crew Chief At Dover

Old 05-29-2009, 06:45 AM
realer than most

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahh i dont care either way.. i do it for the wrecks
Old 05-29-2009, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq!

You do have to take notice that the only F1 drivers switching are the shitty ones. Might have something to do with their performance in other motorsports as well. Just sayin.
The F1 drivers that are trying to jump into the seat of a COT car better be good. The days of making an easy transition from an F1 car into the seat of a cup car are gone.

These new cars are hard to drive. They're hard to see out of,you can't see the hand signals from the guy in front of you because of the spoiler.They wander all over the track, and unlike the old car that took huge adjustments to make a small gain,these cars need minor tweaks to see a big change.They're a tough car to drive and adjust to track conditions.

GREAT SELECTION OF AUTO REPAIR PARTS
Old 05-29-2009, 07:35 AM
I race sailboats

I'm referring to good and bad as compared with other F1 drivers. You can consistently finish in the top 20 in Nascar and call yourself a successful driver, if you're not finishing on the podium in F1, or at least in the top five every now and then you find yourself looking for a job. Juan Pablo wasn't a big deal in F1, he never really did very well, which I think influenced his decision to switch to a sport with more income possibilities. Just my opinion though.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 05-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Sexist

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq!
I'm referring to good and bad as compared with other F1 drivers. You can consistently finish in the top 20 in Nascar and call yourself a successful driver, if you're not finishing on the podium in F1, or at least in the top five every now and then you find yourself looking for a job. Juan Pablo wasn't a big deal in F1, he never really did very well, which I think influenced his decision to switch to a sport with more income possibilities. Just my opinion though.
To be fair, NASCAR has more than twice as many on the grid and more than twice as many races than F1. I think it's really apples and oranges to compare the two in any way. About the only thing they have in common is they both drive on four wheels. Sort of like comparing football and basketball, they both play with a ball.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:33 AM
BOB
Too Old & Too Poor

About the only thing good about moving to the crap state I'm in now is that I'm only 30 minutes from 'Dega. That party is nuts...oh yeah and they race too.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:56 AM

Lots of great race car drivers came out of Alabama. A guy that I hang out with at Louden knows Bobby Allison , he got me his autograph a few years ago. I was a huge Davy Fan.

GREAT SELECTION OF AUTO REPAIR PARTS