General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Celebration Car Show 2009 photo dump

Old 04-18-2009, 09:58 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Celebration Car Show 2009 photo dump

First of all, I'd like to point out how difficult it is to get good shots of cars with clueless dumb people wandering about. Even then, exotics are stacked neatly on top of each other, and there was little room to set up a good shot.

Otherwise, it was another good year. Peter Mayhew, who was Chewbacca, was present. Poor guy was sitting there for hours signing autographs and piquing tourist's interests .

Nerds as storm troopers posing for pics

A bunch of "movie cars" too. A BttF DeLorean (dont know if it was one of the originals), the Monkee's GTO, the Batmobile, a General Lee, K.I.T.T., and the best one of all, the Dumb & Dumber Diablo

Obviously I didnt really care that much. Moving on.

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

Vector W12

Lambo Murcielagos, same as last year.

Diablos

Countachs

A few Gallardos, including a Superleggera and the new one.

Last year they promised 1 of every Lambo model made...and did not deliver. I wasnt expecting a Reventon, but come on, no LM-002?

Procharged ZO6

DeTomaso Panteras were back in full swing as well. Cant dislike them! Since they were the same as last year, I didnt take as many photos. You can sift through my album from last year if you want more.

Something I found out today (quite humorous) is that the expensive ceramic composite brake upgrade parts are the same for Lambo, Porsche, and Ferrari. Notice the identical calipers and similar rotors

Ferrari:

Porsche:

Lamborghini:

Hey, why not Alfa too? Ferrari parts bin I suppose.

So if I'm right, the 8C, Gallardo, Murcielago, F430/Scuderia, Cayman S, and GT3RS--with the "upgraded brakes" box checked--have practically interchangable brake parts, all of which from Brembo. Interesting.

This car had the most beautiful paint job in the show. I wish I took more pics..:

Shelby GT500

I'm too tired to finish sorting. Check out the rest at
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...909/?start=all

DeLoreans (including a turbo one..only other car than my Supra I've seen with a Rajay! ), Ferraris (Enzo, F40 engine bay close up pics, race prepped cars, etc.), a slew of my personal favorite Lotus' (both V8 and 4 banger turbos, NSXs (two of which werent even part of the show ) etc.

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h

Last edited by Orion ZyGarian; 04-19-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Put a Ferrari wheel/brake pic instead of the Porsche one
Old 04-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Sexist

Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian
Something I found out today (quite humorous) is that the expensive ceramic composite brake upgrade parts are the same for Lambo, Porsche, and Ferrari. Notice the identical calipers and similar rotors

So if I'm right, the 8C, Gallardo, Murcielago, F430/Scuderia, Cayman S, and GT3RS--with the "upgraded brakes" box checked--have practically interchangable brake parts, all of which from Brembo. Interesting.
I think you are jumping to conclusions that because Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, etc. have the same supplier the parts are interchangeable. Some parts may be but the systems are not direct replacements for one another.

Brembo is a major player and supplies lotsa manufacturers. Vipers have Brembos too but I assure you they are not the same as Ferrari.

Anyway, great pics. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:51 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Great pix, I enjoyed the event.

The Extreme Motorsports is in Tampa. His wife has the Pro Charged Z06 and a lot of those cars shown are his private collection. Turns out my friend Kenny has a shop across from him. Good guy who really enjoys his cars.

I have never seen more DeLoreans parked in one row in my life and never had expected to.

It was hard to see the movie car section due to all the kiddies around who btw fail at Florida Education where it says do not touch the cars. Kids ... pssh.

The yellow RR was just beyond ugly.

The Bugatti Veyron was nice to see in person.

And the Panoz car was bigger than I expected from the one I have seen on Super Cars Exposed.

I was also looking at the brakes on different cars and years of the cars to see how much they changed and developed.

I thought the Lotus that won with the cracked paint showed that the car in original condition was worth being kept in stock condition.

Hearing all the engines as they were lining up to take their awards was quite nice as well.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 PM

Any year Viper interior > Vector interior.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:52 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

I think you're right Chuck. I looked a little closer again, and although they are all Brembo 6 pots, there are very minor differences in the calipers that I didnt see yesterday. The race Ferraris have slightly bigger rotors than the Porsches too I think. Yeah maybe I did jump to conclusions

Originally Posted by chi town brat
The Extreme Motorsports is in Tampa. His wife has the Pro Charged Z06 and a lot of those cars shown are his private collection. Turns out my friend Kenny has a shop across from him. Good guy who really enjoys his cars.
Is it? I think they had a hell of a build on that car. Was it them that was restoring the 70 Vette next to it? I was shocked at how much that car's paint stood out compared with almost every other car. GT500 and Maserati there's too?

Lots of Ferraris had orange peel, and except for the traditional red, pretty generic and unimpressive.

The Lotus' Saffron Orange that was in the Sherwin Williams booth was amazing though. I always thought it was the best color it came in. Similar to the Superleggera next to it, but I liked it more

I have never seen more DeLoreans parked in one row in my life and never had expected to.
Yeah, if anything, there were a few more last year when they had the "first BluRay BttF screening" and a few stars. They're a pretty dedicated bunch, and I really think thats such an underrated car. Probably more wrong comments made about them by passersby than any other car there too. They have a response to that
http://weasel.brazi.net/webstuff/stuff/Certificate.jpg

It was hard to see the movie car section due to all the kiddies around who btw fail at Florida Education where it says do not touch the cars. Kids ... pssh.
God, the adults were worse actually. Also, seems like whenever there was a morbidly obese person around, they just so happened to make it in the picture. Go figure Them and the old farts obliviously walk in FRONT of the camera as you're taking pictures.

The yellow RR was just beyond ugly.
shit wuz legit. Notice how I didnt take a pic of it or anything near it

The Bugatti Veyron was nice to see in person.
There were THREE last year lol. I thought the colors were surprisingly bland on the car that was there this year. Last year had a cool red/silver and a blue car.

And the Panoz car was bigger than I expected from the one I have seen on Super Cars Exposed.
It was next to the Prowlers...without looking up, I was wondering wtf a Prowler was doing with Roush wheels

I thought the Lotus that won with the cracked paint showed that the car in original condition was worth being kept in stock condition.

Hearing all the engines as they were lining up to take their awards was quite nice as well.
I left right before the awards ceremony was started because I had tickets to a comedy club back here, but that wouldve been nice to hear. Also cool to hear it won with that paint...except for the cracking on the front it looked pretty fine otherwise!

Originally Posted by Troux
I didnt think it was THAT bad. If nothing else, the cluster was reminiscent of the Corolla we had, but then again, I dont give much of a fuck for interior like other people do. As long as shits easy to read, reach and isnt fugly.

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h

Last edited by chi town brat; 04-20-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:04 AM
Sexist

Originally Posted by Troux
Let's face it, the Vector was an 80s car.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:11 AM
Sexist

Yeah, if anything, there were a few more last year when they had the "first BluRay BttF screening" and a few stars. They're a pretty dedicated bunch, and I really think thats such an underrated car. Probably more wrong comments made about them by passersby than any other car there too. They have a response to that
http://weasel.brazi.net/webstuff/stuff/Certificate.jpg
Great response for the Delorean guys. I can think of a few cars where a certificate like that would be useful.

I dont give much of a fuck for interior like other people do. As long as shits easy to read, reach and isnt fugly.
LOL I hear you. Dodge asks owners what they can do to improve the Viper and regarding interior most owners say stuff like "remove the headliner, remove the carpet, replace the door panels with light weight panels, don't add any heated or electric seats, or anything that will increase weight."
Old 04-20-2009, 04:53 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

RE: Yellow RR: Honestly I kept noticing how people in general were avoiding it. Guess that owner had his own taste. uhhh.

I'm trying to remember from what car down to the booth (towards where the public entered at) was the start of their cars for Extreme. I want to say that Maserati was theirs but can't remember. So I can't confirm.

I also noticed that a lot of the cars shown were actually dealership cars.

My fav color paint was the Alfa C8 ... there was just something about its hue. I bet it is expensive to repeat onto another car.

I wish I had gotten there earlier as I like to talk to the owners about their cars.

at the certificate ... I swear I would not have earned that

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 04-20-2009, 05:41 AM
From Boost 2 Displacement

man i always wanna go to this thing but always miss it

2008 Z51 Corvette

It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." -Marcus Aurelius