General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

anybody have a scan tool or hand held tuner that can do a CASE learn?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:23 PM
www.contour.org

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody have a scan tool or hand held tuner that can do a CASE learn?

I am looking for someone with a scan tool or EFI live that can help me with a CASE learn (crankshaft position sensor system variation learn procedure). It is found on many obd2 scan tools, but I haven't had any luck finding someone with one.

If you have a handheld tuner/scan tool that can do a case learn I will buy you lunch if you let me use it. I will drive to you, plug it into my car, do a quick case learn (it's about as simple as reading a code), and toss you some gas/beer money.

Somebody help me out. I want to avoid going to the dealership and having them do this with their tech 2.

For those that are wondering why I am doing this. Any time you change the PCM in a car it is necessary to do a case learn. My wife got me a tuned PCM for christmas, so I need a case learn.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:21 PM
El Puto ©

Sry for your luck. I had a Fluke OBD2 master scan tool for a while at one point. But I gave it back to my friend when he was leaving the state. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:52 PM
www.contour.org

Thanks! I figured somebody would have one on a car forum. Lots of handheld tuners have the option on them.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:21 PM

I am pretty sure Autozone rents out scan tools, but I doubt they will have many useful features. Either way, it's free to try. Worst case, ask a shop to do it, and I'm sure they won't charge much.