General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

question about purchasing new veh w/mileage on it

Old 12-19-2008, 08:48 AM
slash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about purchasing new veh w/mileage on it

if you go to pick up your new 2009 vehicle and it has 250 miles on it bc their "delivery" method involved someone driving it across state, which you were obviously unaware of bc they said they were getting it delivered.......what would you expect for compensation for that? i'm going to tell them to tack that mileage on the end of my warranty, but i'm thinking i should have them also either knock some money off and/or throw in some parts. .... a friend of a friend owns a delearship and said thats only worth $80-$100, but i'm like, i expect little mileage, definately under 100, and i have no idea how this person drove it. anyone have any experience with this?
the $100 seems about right even though its not a lot, i did calc about 40cents a mile for that. any other suggestions on what i could do? please help, i'm going to pick it up tonight after work! thanks!

p.s.- they said the 250 miles wouldnt qualify it as a demo or used vehicle.
TRick Squad Member #3
VicPrez of IttyBittyTittyCommittee

Old 12-19-2008, 09:03 AM
they call me baby Jesus

fuck that i would be pissed, i'd want more then $80 too cause when you jump in the car and drive it off the lot a lot of $ is gone off that price. i'd also look at the paint to see if theres any chips or what not and bring that to their attention if there is any. if i buy something new, i want it new and in perfect condition. dont let a dealership toss you around because your the female image.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Fun-Sized

Keep haggling them to provide you with GOOD compensation for that added mileage. They omitted crucial information and I would tell them to add it to my warranty like you said. That is bullshit.

95 / RSP / 6spd / GT42 / AEM EMS / HKS 272s
www.theboostlab.com
Old 12-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Sic semper tyrannis

I would not accept the vehicle.
You now have no idea how the car was driven for the first 250 miles of the break-in period.
I doubt the driver followed the break-in proceedure for the car on the drive across the state.
Either they deliver you the vehicle they promised with minimal mileage (I'm sure they can get another one somewhere and have it properly delivered) or just walk away.

Last edited by Niburu; 12-19-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:42 AM
tampa car scene

fuck that i would not get it and tell them i want one delivered to the lot not driven to the lot. Last new car i bought had 12 miles on it after my test drive.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 AM
slash

yeah, see my 07 xterra, when they delivered it, it came on a truck, it had like 7 miles on it. same dealership, so when they said they were getting it delivered, i assumed it would be the same. i would walk away from it but the only issue with that is that i'll probably not be able to get another one, its an 09 xterra offroad and they dont make too may of them and the ones they do make usually go up north and are sold very quickly. there were only 3 in the entire state of fl, luckily one of which was my color, so i was fine with them getting that one delivered, but not driven.
TRick Squad Member #3

Old 12-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Free base cocaine

We'll i've had to deliver cars from across the state in both Florida and Colorado. And to be honest... i beat the fuck out of them. Not all of them but for the most part it was like floor it at the light. So I would ask for some compensation that or like an extended service later on or something.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Flowmaster nut swinger

Don't do it! Sounds like the start of a lot of problems!!

Don't take the car even if they offer you hundreds off!!
MV#72427
(727)535-6905 - Shaun

Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 AM
slash

really!? i really want it still though, i just think i should be compensated. i asked who drove it, and it was my sales person, that he had to drive one of their vehs there to trade for it. to be honest, i dont think he wouldve done anything bad w/it, hes this little old chinese looking cuban guy. ...so its not like it was some underpaid kid or something.
TRick Squad Member #3

Old 12-19-2008, 10:13 AM
they call me baby Jesus

go with your gut feeling. if you want it go get it cause if you want it and you dont get it you'll kick yourself in the ass later on