General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Can I lease a car?

Old 11-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Android Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I lease a car?

I still owe a lot on my current VW but I was thinking of upgrading to an MK5 2.0t gti or Jetta. If I go to a VW dealership how would that work out? I already know I owe more than they will give me (and the amount that I owe compared to the amount my car is worth is horrifying and makes me want to kiss a shotgun) so how would that work? Would I have a car payment and a lease payment? Idk I probably cannot trade up at this point without being increadibly far in debt with a payment probably double what I make now, but I just keep seeing the sign and drive commercials and I keep thinking about ditching the VR6 and going with a 2.0t.

In other words, I've got the new car itch.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:25 PM
infraction king

they would ask for a large down payment to cover your negative equity or depending on your credit and income, you could finance the negative balance and add it to your loan.

98 E36 ///M3 Sedan
07 Civic Si Sedan
Old 11-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Gus

Right now, I would imagine a large down payment would be your only option.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:56 PM
VOD
Field Rep

I had a Jetta once...3 yrs after I bought it, it was only worth a 1/3 of what i paid for it... they dont hold value, saldly
Old 11-28-2008, 08:32 PM
pfft.....

Originally Posted by VOD
I had a Jetta once...3 yrs after I bought it, it was only worth a 1/3 of what i paid for it... they dont hold value, saldly
your information is waay off or you got screwed on a trade in. Im thinking you just got screwed on a trade in..... VW's are one of the top cars that hold their value. According to CNN Money 3 of the top 10 cars that hold their value the best are Volkswagens

Despite Volkswagen's spotty reputation for reliability - the brand fairs poorly in J.D. Powers' annual rankings of long-term dependability - its cars hold their value well.

At base, Volkswagen is simply the most affordable European brand you can get in this country. And it has a hard core of fans who love the way VW's look and perform.
Top 10 best resale value cars - Volkswagen Jetta (9) - CNNMoney.com

The winner is Volkswagen, which is making a comeback after some recent big losses. VWs keep just under half their value after a 60-month cycle. The other brands that round out the Top 10 are BMW, Acura, Honda, Porsche, Subaru, Lexus, Infiniti, Audi and Toyota.
Cars that hold their resale value best on clarkhoward.com
Old 11-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Android Junkie

Originally Posted by Garrett
your information is waay off or you got screwed on a trade in. Im thinking you just got screwed on a trade in..... VW's are one of the top cars that hold their value. According to CNN Money 3 of the top 10 cars that hold their value the best are Volkswagens

Top 10 best resale value cars - Volkswagen Jetta (9) - CNNMoney.com

Cars that hold their resale value best on clarkhoward.com
Troof. The main reason mine won't get as much as it should is because of the dent on the passenger side. I should probably get that fixed. I love my VW and really want another although if I could choose my next car to be anything I wanted it would easily be an Evo 9. I just cannot afford that atm.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:37 AM
dum de dum

leasing a car is a waste of money.....the end
1991 Nissan 240sx - Sold

1990 Nissan 240sx - Sold
1993 BMW 325i - Traded
1990 Nissan 240sx TotaledTOT
2009 Nissan Sentra -
Sold2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
2006 Yamaha R1 - Stolen
2000 Nissan Sentra - Daily Driver
Old 11-29-2008, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by blue_eclipse93
leasing a car is a waste of money.....the end
+1

2000$ down payment + 199$/month for 24months =

6780$, and thats if their being generous. On a Volkswagen, it'd be 349$/450$/month easyily.

You can get a nice older Mercedes/BMW for that price, or a nice mustang 03/04'ish easyily! Hell I've seen05's with high mileate go for 7k.