General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Auto Dealer Bail out!? GO GREEN OR ELSE!!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:05 AM
That One Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Dealer Bail out!? GO GREEN OR ELSE!!

Anyone here anything about Bush and Obama meeting to discuss more of the plans for the rest of the bail out money.

So as it seems, Bush wants to bail out American Auto Dealers, GM, Ford, and not sure who else. Obama refused, but came up with a purposal.

GM and Ford will recieve the bail out on the condisiton that they go Green, and produce more gas effecient cars, I'm assuming.

Pretty cool/smart idea.

Not 100% sure on my facts, I read it in the news paper, and we discussed it in my Law class just now.

Just wanted to inform and discuss it on here. Please no BS comments, I want a mature thread about this simple topic.

If I've been mislead or am wrong about something, or missing something big, please let me know.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:13 AM

I agree that something needs to be done to keep GM or Ford from failing, there's more than just the employee's from Ford and GM that will be affected. Auto part suppliers, the people that supply the food and drinks to the vending machines, the local restaurants, etc etc will also be affected.

Before anything gets done, they need to something about the millions of dollars the CEO's of Ford and GM are about to recieve next month as bonuses.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 AM

i agree that going green should be part of the deal,otherwise theyll be back for more money next year.if the execs are not willing to forgo ALL bonuses until these companies are showing a profit and able to start repaying the taxpayers i think we should let them sink on their own.then these greedy bastages can stand in the same unemployment line as the UAW workers will be in.another reason they need money is they are paying the benifits the union negotiated for in more prosperous times like lifetime pensions and medical bennies.do they think they are congressmen or something?it costs GM $1000 extra for every car they build to overpay the union.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Ewww whats with all this go-green nonsense. I enjoy causing global warming.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 AM
^is awesome personified

Originally Posted by Cone Killer
I Before anything gets done, they need to something about the millions of dollars the CEO's of Ford and GM are about to recieve next month as bonuses.
+1 The AIG people are not building a strong case to give more greedy CEO's (which is probably close to 100%) money they don't need if they can just skip a bonus they don't really need.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:23 PM
technician ...

if the big 3 (in Detroit) didn't learn in the 70s when this exact same thing happened and they almost went out of business because there whole line up of cars was giant gas guzzlers, let them fail ... by the way more Japaneses cars are built in America than American cars (Google up Toyota, Nissan, Subaru and Honda plants in Kentucky, Tennessee and a couple other mid wester states ...) ... because of that union thing most Chrysler and fords are built in Canada and Mexico were the union have no say ...and i believe most if not all Chevy engines are built in china now anyways ....

Originally Posted by George Orwell 1984
Its presupposed that somewhere or other, outside oneself, there was a "real" world where "real" things happened. But how could there be such a world? What knowledge have we of anything, save through our own mind? All happenings are in the mind. What ever happens in all minds, truly happens.
Originally Posted by Funk
Your mind contains the whole universe, the key is being able to see past yourself, this world, and thought itself.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Ro.
®

gheyness
Old 11-12-2008, 06:09 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

seriously, if the owners and ceo's just dipped into their savings a bit they could make major moved.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:12 PM
zetec > vtec

CEOs didnt get where they are today by being "not greedy"

was this todays paper??
Old 11-12-2008, 06:33 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Originally Posted by jaredzx3
CEOs didnt get where they are today by being "not greedy"

was this todays paper??

and if they want to get any further they might want to try being less greedy.