General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

florida's best import car scene?

Old 09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Mark G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree and disagree with both of you.

I don't think there is very much exotic street racing going on in miami

I also think in everything besides the street racing scene, which is majority of the word, one would have a higher 'status' owning an exotic than a civic.. anyone can pay 5-15k to buy a civic that can beat a 100k plus car, not everyone can afford the 100k car, therefore those people have a higher face status.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:06 PM
word

My respect goes to the fella who earned it, not the one who bought it.

94' Sentra, 65' Mustang, 89' 240 Hatch, 90' 240 Hatch, 90' CA18 Coupe, 89' Sexy Gold Hatch, 99' Sentra (SR20), 95' s14 , 93' BMW 325is, 91' SR'd 240, 95' s14, 90' KA24DE-R, 89' KA24E-T (soon to be 500hp) (only a few of the cars I have owned, ugh..)
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]
Old 09-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Banned

Yeah but for some life is unfortunate and others it's cake. Basically no matter what it is, you have to make the best of things and to each his own.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Mark G

Originally Posted by M374llic4
My respect goes to the fella who earned it, not the one who bought it.
the guy who bought it, also earned the money..

so many fake fucks out here buy already built cars, or have shops build them and take credit for it also.

I never understood the people who 'hate' on people with money. Either they, or their family earned it. I hate jealous people
Old 09-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by markzeronine

so many fake fucks out here buy already built cars, or have shops build them and take credit for it also.

I never understood the people who 'hate' on people with money. Either they, or their family earned it. I hate jealous people
Yeah the only reason people hate others with money is because it comes from within themselves failing.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by ls1vett97
Thats not true, people put their pride into making money which you need to make or buy any nice car. Thats the way I look at it... Basically I look at a car as a status symbol and expression of your personality. I mean if you show up to a car meet in a bugatti veyron in miami with scott storch, you deff own the streets haha.
If your name is Scott Storch......you already own Miami, lol.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Mr. Stealyogirl

Originally Posted by markzeronine

Im not hating on people who have money, Its people who have money think they are better then they less fortuned that I hate on. Anyone can go to college get a degree and become successfull but for someone to do the same and have a different plan, I.E. owning a car shop instead of having millions, in my eyes if thats what they wanted is just as successfull.

Lurkin' in a hood near YOU!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by StrictlyBusiness
^ True but there are also crews like Fuel Sluts etc. Florida I would say is huge. As far as I know its Cali, Texas and Florida that run this shit. Tampa's scene is huge but with it comes the shit loads of ricers. Miami's is good to, been out there a few times and they dont BS around when it comes to racing.
+1 the Tampa scene has gotten pretty damn big in the last few years, but in the last year or so its been getting too stupid. like u say,too many ricers and where theres that many ricers theres lots of problems. for that reason a lot of people are avoiding going to the races and meets.its a shame
Old 09-08-2008, 06:58 AM
That One Guy

i live in miami during the school year, and in tampa during the summer, idk about orlandon, but miami's import, and racing scene all together is wow compared to tampa's, in tampa everyone trys to race there civics, i went to a meet here in miami, and i felt like an idoit in my civic.

everyone meet in a publix parking lot, there was nothing but subies, evo;s cobalt ss, srt4's, one nsx, one supra, a few rotarys, and muscle! there was one civic, and it was boosted, and im sure it was a b series.

then i followed them to there racing, and man it was way better then in tampa, but they race for money and are mad serious about it, which is good, in tampa you go to a race and see kids in there old school civics, stock with no cat, racing over and over for fun.....

i just feel that in miami its more organized, not as many random people, and cops dont find the spots... also the cars and racers are older, more mature, and die hard street racers. lol

and honestly if you are into the car thing in miami, i never see anyone driving like they do in tampa, you know, the ones that drive crazy in miami are the rice stupid idoits drving there moms car and talking on there dads cell.

ive driven past a few nice cars that you can tell go to the racers, and nothing happens, in tampa, at everyylight some idoit trys to race, and racing me is stupid... your going to win, lol

Last edited by edmel89; 09-08-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:25 PM

O ok but how is jacksonville? anyone know because I like jacksonville, but Orlando reminds me of Los Angeles scene but but smaller.

Quick Reply: florida's best import car scene?