General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Im never buying gas again

Old 05-26-2008, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im never buying gas again

So I was looking for a good car/truck today something with a backseat that i dont have to move the front seat to get in that back for the baby.. Well I was going to sacrifice paying gas prices and buy a badass black 2002 tahoe.. That shit is fucking sweet.. But I ran across a 2000 Chevy Silverado extended cab short bed for $4700 obo. It already has a 1985 mercedes 300d turbo diesel engine swap in it with 90k miles. I learned it was because those are the best engines to run vegetable oil on because you can start and stop on only veg oil so you dont need to ever run diesel or have an extra tank. The guy was going to convert it but he said he doesnt need it as he already has another truck running on veg oil. So i looked up the cost of the best kit he said and its $650 shipped and like $250 in 2 55gal holding tanks and pumps to get the oil and filters and so on.. So for $900 I can have everything to basically run this thing perfectly and never have to buy gas again. He said right now it gets 30mpg on diesel and has a 26gal tank and they do about the same on veg oil so my fillups will be seldom and with a 55gal tank i can fill twice before needing to go get more oil at any restaraunt. Pretty fucking sweet knowing I could take a 2400 mile roadtrip on only a tank of veg oil and a 55gal drum in the back of the bed FOR FREE any time I want lol.. Only matience he said is just changing filters every 1000 miles or soo depending on how well you filter it. Some have problems with fuel pumps but luckily it has the mercedes mechanical fuel pump so I dont have to worry about that.. Picking it up tomorrow.

Joey E-THUGGIN It Up On TR. Rep For his Keyboard Ninja Skillz Yo.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:19 PM

once this biodiesal gets more mainstream I think it'd be harder to get your hands on the veggie oil so easily.

edit: have fun till then, how slow is it?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:34 PM

I hope you get it so your sig can be even bigger.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:35 PM

holly shit thats pretty freakin awesome!!! Veggie oil will get more expensive for sure though. I'm betting you'll run into some problems with it but good luck and keep us posted
Old 05-26-2008, 07:06 PM
i love girls

mad dum... using enough corn to feed a family for 1 year for just 1 tank of biogas smart

Jst4shw store: HID's-LED's-LUGNUT's-STICKER's-JDM GOODIES's

Like us on facebook
Old 05-26-2008, 07:10 PM
I race sailboats

mad dum? That post was dumb. Hes using old frying oil, which is 99.999% canola/peanut oil. Theres no corn involved, and its not like anyone else was going to use the old shitty oil the restaraunts throw away, except the biodiesel guys. This is the smartest thing he could have done.

BTW, the old Mercs do lose 2-4 MPG on oil, but fuck, its free oil

Not to mention the damn things will run on ANYTHING that burns. I'd love to have that truck.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 05-26-2008, 07:10 PM

lol you people talk shit without knowing at all what your talkign about. The truck is actually quick. And vegtable oil has nothing to do with corn its VEGETABLE OIL you go to a restaurant that has easily 1000gallons of it behind there store that they PAY to get taken away. If your lucky you can get paid yourself to take it but at the LEAST you get it for free. It is NOT hard whatsoever to find and restaruants love you for taking it. Guy im buying it from takes 150gallons at a time and doesnt touch there tank. He lowered it 6inches from 150gallons.... edit.. thanks omgwtf

Joey E-THUGGIN It Up On TR. Rep For his Keyboard Ninja Skillz Yo.

Last edited by minitruckinxxxx; 05-26-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Precision Motorsports

Pretty cool. Keep us updated...
Tuned by Precision Motorsports
Old 05-26-2008, 11:33 PM
El Puto ©

Wow this sounds awesome. Like everyone else said, let us know how this goes.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:33 AM
13.04@104mph

Originally Posted by Troux
I hope you get it so your sig can be even bigger.
+1

might as well add the bicycles and all the motorcycles you've ridden to your sig as well.