General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Sold my car - in Iraq!!

Old 05-02-2008, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Sold my car - in Iraq!!

Hey check this out - I sold a car on eBay and was wondering why it was taking so long for the dude to get back to me. He used Buy It Now so maybe you know the feeling - wondering what's going on, no feedback, did he just click and run? Started to get a little irritated - is this guy gonna screw me over!?!?

Finally I got an email and the only info it offered was he'll call me the next day and that he had some more questions. I thought "questions?" huh? I don't know what you still have to know because you bought the car buddy.

He didn't leave a phone number so there again I was still hanging! Cmon - just call me! You have my number!!!

Well the next day I got the call, and as it turns out, a soldier fighting our war in Iraq bought my Eclipse! Phone call was complete with the kind of delay you would expect from the dude being on the other side of the earth. Turns out he's shipping back out in (four months), saw my car on eBay and had to have it!

Can y'all imagine?!?!? I picture him sitting in a tent, hot as fuckin nuts, all sandy and shit, surfing cars on eBay, dreaming about getting back home, looking forward to drving his new Eclipse! The American dream, at its finest!

So everybody, think about this next time you're pissed off at the Camry in front of you going 5 under in the left lane!!! How spoiled we all are...everything could ALWAYS be worse! I don't have a clue what it must be like to be hot in Iraq, probably real shitty, but I can guarantee being hot right here in comfortable Tampa Bay will always be better!

Anyway, just wanted to share what I thought was a pretty cool story. Makes me feel proud that he'll be back here in the USA soon (DC area) enjoying my old car!

At the same time it makes me sort of nervous too, hoping that it'll be good enough for him - after all he's doing so much for us...

Joe's new ride....

PS - Any ideas on something special I could do to show some genuine gratitude/appreciation!?!? Give back a little if you know what I mean?
Old 05-02-2008, 08:29 AM
01' Integra.. Slowness

Make sure the car is extra clean for him. If there are any little problems, like small things missing here and there fix them for him.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyPC1
surfing cars on eBay, dreaming about getting back home, looking forward to drving his new Eclipse! The Fast and the Furious dream, at its finest!
Fixed.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:35 AM
NObama 2011

Get digital camoflage seat covers and sell it to him with a full tank of gas. Biggest thing I can think of is to give him an honest to goodness THANK YOU! Ive been in his shoes, and still get thanked to this day. Nothing goes into a soldiers heart deeper that sincere thanks. Oh, if he is anything but a Marine......tell him to GTFO!!!!! Hoorah....Semper Fi!!!!!!

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech!!!

SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS SINCE BIRTH MEMBER #001

EITHER STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, OR PLEASE, STAND IN FRONT OF US. U.S.M.C. SNIPERS, ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Old 05-02-2008, 11:25 AM
realer than most

Originally Posted by Troux
Fixed.

i was going to post something too.. but i held it back.. sorry but the american dream isnt buying an eclipse..
Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 AM

Get a support our troops magnet and stick that bitch on there

Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 PM
some idiot

Originally Posted by That One Guy
Make sure the car is extra clean for him. If there are any little problems, like small things missing here and there fix them for him.
yep
Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 PM
SIZZUPER DIZZLE NIZZLE

Originally Posted by R6Mitsu
Get digital camoflage seat covers and sell it to him with a full tank of gas. Biggest thing I can think of is to give him an honest to goodness THANK YOU! Ive been in his shoes, and still get thanked to this day. Nothing goes into a soldiers heart deeper that sincere thanks. Oh, if he is anything but a Marine......tell him to GTFO!!!!! Hoorah....Semper Fi!!!!!!
I was going to be a Marine. I went to Tampa M.E.P.S. and could not for the life of me get my head in the jar...oh well

Originally Posted by BAMF
You got something against pedos, motherfucker?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:25 PM
NObama 2011

Originally Posted by RICK_DIZZLE
I was going to be a Marine. I went to Tampa M.E.P.S. and could not for the life of me get my head in the jar...oh well

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech!!!

SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS SINCE BIRTH MEMBER #001

EITHER STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, OR PLEASE, STAND IN FRONT OF US. U.S.M.C. SNIPERS, ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Old 05-02-2008, 12:33 PM
SIZZUPER DIZZLE NIZZLE

Originally Posted by R6Mitsu

Sorry bro could not resist...besides you started it...Paratroopers like myself dont back down from Marine comments...

BTW Johnny, you dont have do do anything "special" like the jarhead said...a thank you will be enough.

Originally Posted by BAMF
You got something against pedos, motherfucker?