General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

A Little Help Please....Title Question?

Old 04-20-2008, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Little Help Please....Title Question?

OKay so heres a long story short my buddy has a car that he bought from one of his friends dad....the title was never switched over into his friends name....now the kid is sitting in jail and the title ended up in the thrash can some how...the car is still legally registered in the orginal owners name who happeneds to be dead now....so is there any way around getting a title... the guy that is dead was like 56 years old has no wife or anybody with power of attorney over his possession's so theres nobody to sign off on anything....anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:55 PM
El Puto ©

Wow, that sounds like a sticky situation.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Puto
Wow, that sounds like a sticky situation.
Yeah lol it is im going to call the tag office tomorrow and find out if theres anyways around if all else fails i guess were going to buy a Civic or Integra shell and swap everything over
Old 04-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Do It In The Dirt

Go buy a Hemmings Motor News (magazine stand or Barnes and Noble). They have many places that advertise a service that will help you. Basically this company will put a lein on the car which gets it into their name. They will then transfer ownership to you. It may take a couple of weeks, but its pretty legal and not too expensive (I think its about $200)

My Rail Buggy