General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Who makes the best cars?

Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amarikanz mak3 duh bezt carzz joo dummii---DEERR

< *slaps self in face* --Nvm nissan an honda ftmfw y0! idk what came over me..
Old 04-12-2008, 11:12 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Every question of "whats the best car" etc. should be followed by "well, what do you want to do with it and how deep are your pockets?"

Thats my excuse

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 04-12-2008, 02:50 PM

I believe any Honda, Toyotas built before 04, and Mercedes built before 95, are probably the best cars you can get. And by best I mean most reliable. I would have added Nissan to that list, but our 2000 Maxima has only 60k on it and the transmission is just a piece of crap. It slams gears, over revs, and all Lokey tells us is that its normal, because they don't want to get their hands dirty. Seriously Lokey sucks and knows nothing about customer service. I would have also added VW, but I had one, I loved it. But there was something new wrong with it every few months.

Unfortunatly Toyota, and Mercedes latest models are sticken with issues, so they're not worth the money.

Now if you love working on your car every month and reliability isn't an issue, or you want something fast, then Hondas aren't it. Sorry Civic racers. Yes there are some fast as hell modified civics, but still; take the money you invested into that car (that doesn't make it worth anymore when you go to resell it, in fact is lessens the value. I love when people post in autotrader asking for 10000 bucks on a 120,000 mile car because they've modified it, haha shove it. No one smart is going to buy it. Blue book is blue book, theres no section for mods) and get a new/used BMW or get the most horse power per dollar, the corvette. Buy the cars that were meant to go fast, not the ones that can be made fast.

But thats just my opinion, to each there own.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:50 PM

I think Subaru is better than honda!! Just my 2 cents!!

Jesus is the WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12's are soo fun...
Old 04-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by leitev8
As far as performance, handeling, and the four-drive aspect yeah I agree. But as far as reliability I disagree. Turbo chargers, and the complexities of 4 wheel drive puts them below a notch in that department. But those are the only reasons, they are still damn reliable.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by TheButler208
I believe any Honda, Toyotas built before 04, and Mercedes built before 95, are probably the best cars you can get. And by best I mean most reliable. I would have added Nissan to that list, but our 2000 Maxima has only 60k on it and the transmission is just a piece of crap. It slams gears, over revs, and all Lokey tells us is that its normal, because they don't want to get their hands dirty. Seriously Lokey sucks and knows nothing about customer service. I would have also added VW, but I had one, I loved it. But there was something new wrong with it every few months.

Unfortunatly Toyota, and Mercedes latest models are sticken with issues, so they're not worth the money.

Now if you love working on your car every month and reliability isn't an issue, or you want something fast, then Hondas aren't it. Sorry Civic racers. Yes there are some fast as hell modified civics, but still; take the money you invested into that car (that doesn't make it worth anymore when you go to resell it, in fact is lessens the value. I love when people post in autotrader asking for 10000 bucks on a 120,000 mile car because they've modified it, haha shove it. No one smart is going to buy it. Blue book is blue book, theres no section for mods) and get a new/used BMW or get the most horse power per dollar, the corvette. Buy the cars that were meant to go fast, not the ones that can be made fast.

But thats just my opinion, to each there own.
i would buy a honda. only for a daily driver and no intent to mod it. sure you can make em fast. you can do that with almost any car with enough money. if you want a fast honda and intend on modding it, why not just go with the S2K?
Old 04-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Ruhe in Frieden Pablo

Originally Posted by Boostin97SE-R
There is no doubt honda makes great grocery getters.
My honda sucks at getting groceries.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Resident Asshole

Originally Posted by nismo
My honda sucks at getting groceries.

ouch,,, so whats it good at then?
6/14/43 - 7/11/06 2:24am
Old 04-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Ruhe in Frieden Pablo

Originally Posted by Boostin97SE-R
ouch,,, so whats it good at then?
Being slow and loud? hah
Old 04-12-2008, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by leitev8
I think they are pretty damn good. But I love my honda. Subaru just isnt for me and they cost way too damn much to fix!