General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Need help rehanging an exhaust sytem

Old 04-11-2008, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help rehanging an exhaust sytem

Anyone out there with a shop or tools who can help me rehang my exhaust? The guy who made it up did a bad job and as such it makes slight contact with the frame. It sounds really ricer, and I can't stand it.

I just need someone who can help me rehang this thing, or maybe reweld some hangers on.... I'm not sure. Anyone got ideas? I tried looking for longer rubber hangers but I can't find anywhere that sells them... and the adjustable ones require welding iirc.

Thanks TR,
Luke
Old 04-11-2008, 11:22 AM
aspiring luder

my exhaust is hanging up there with saftey wire and i probably jostled it around this weekend more then you ever will, unless you get in an accident and they held up fine, so you could even do that until you get the hangers extended

i get no noise whatsoever
Old 04-11-2008, 12:40 PM

You shouldn't need to modify the hangers unless the person did a really shit job. I know Advance Auto used to sell adjustable rubber exhaust hangers, well at least in NC they did. I used one on a tanabe exhaust for my celica gt at the time which the exhaust was for a gt-s, but i made it fit with the adjustable hanger.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:52 AM

The hangers are pretty shitty. On top of that the piping route is awful... one bend is too wide and it contacts the frame.

What I ended up doing was using a small jack to pull down on the exhaust pretty hard, then i sandwiched a bunch of folded up aluminum foil between the pipe+hanger and the frame... When I let the jack out it compressed the block of aluminum foil... and now there is no rattling.