General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

is your windshield tinted?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is your windshield tinted?

if you want to tell me how stupid it is to tint a windshield, please dont post in this thread.

in the few meets ive been to since ive moved back to this state ive seen quite a few cars with tinted windshields. so, im wondering how many people here have a tinted windshield?

on my last ride (suburban) i had 5% all around tint strip and 30% over the rest of the windshield. when i got my tC i did 5% all around and 30% over the whole windshield with no strip. i got a ticket for that, in arkansas and removed it because i thought they were going to inspect it. had i known i was just going to pay the fine with no inspection i wouldnt have removed it. so now i have a 5% strip on the front and cant decide if i want to do the 20% again which only last 3 weeks or the 30% which made it 3 years...

what are yall rockin?
Old 03-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Retired Moderαtor

well it is illegal here to, but so are my yellow light (i think) but cops aren't really getting people on tint anymore, if i were to tint mine, it would be barely like 90% but then again, for racing i need as much viewable light as possible
Old 03-22-2008, 02:32 AM
El Puto ©

My factory tint is decently dark.

I'd do 15% all around, and 40% on the windshield on a car without tint.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:48 AM
Sexist

Factory is good enough for me. I like for other drivers to be able to see me and get an idea of what I'm thinking.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:03 AM
just mike.

some cars dont look good with tint.. but i just do the norm...i dont want to get caught ridin unclean...lol
Old 03-22-2008, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by NISSAN
well it is illegal here to, but so are my yellow light (i think) but cops aren't really getting people on tint anymore, if i were to tint mine, it would be barely like 90% but then again, for racing i need as much viewable light as possible
Go Speed GO!!!!
Old 03-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

I'm looking to do the Blue tint ( Like a Benz) all around including the windshield. It will be a very light tint though, so it won't effect my vision.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:30 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

there was a guy I worked with that had 5% all the way around(even on his windshield, and this dude was a fucking retard!

but I wouldent tint my windfield other than the strip bc if u have dark enough tint they cant see in ur car anyways...
Old 03-22-2008, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by burgy240
I'm looking to do the Blue tint ( Like a Benz) all around including the windshield. It will be a very light tint though, so it won't effect my vision.
I always thought that it was the glass that came like that.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Not Mad

Originally Posted by NISSAN
Yes they still are.. Just not as often as people think they are. They carry with them a tint reader that reads the percentage of tint on your vehicle...

I believe its 20% for the front windows and 15% for the back windows are legal. I have it written on a ticket here somewhere in the house..