General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

machanic screwed up my car...

Old 01-09-2008, 06:20 AM
bladrcntrl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default machanic screwed up my car...

ok, i just had my car in the shop just to get a new head gasket in. i drove it the day after he said it was done. i drove it and it was shootin black smoke out the exhaust. and the speedometer don't even work. how do u mess up the speedometer when u only changin the head gasket? the machanic tryied to blame this on me when i never even messed with the wiring. does anyone know how to fix it?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Ecotec y0!

... since you said the guy tried blaming you, im assuming you did go back to complain. and all he said was it was your fault? and that was that? thats bullshit, stay there and bitch till they fix it, stand outside and tell every damn customer tha walk near the shop your story, i can almost garantee they will fix it if you start taking business away from them... the only thing he can do is threaten to call cops, which even if he does, let him, cops will come, then tell them your story, worst they can say to you is leave.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Blasian Sensation

^^^
Old 01-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Race Photographer

speedo is probably unplugged, which is tossing a CEL which is going to help cause the motor run rich

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 01-09-2008, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Scott90
... since you said the guy tried blaming you, im assuming you did go back to complain. and all he said was it was your fault? and that was that? thats bullshit, stay there and bitch till they fix it, stand outside and tell every damn customer tha walk near the shop your story, i can almost garantee they will fix it if you start taking business away from them... the only thing he can do is threaten to call cops, which even if he does, let him, cops will come, then tell them your story, worst they can say to you is leave.
actually, if he's on the sidewalk the cops can't even make him leave.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Ecotec y0!

^ very true, freedom of speech (protest)