General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Real Rims Or Power

Old 12-08-2007, 11:51 AM
is a legend.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PooN_Lude
The steelies are not going to make a difference in grabbing traction over rims. Last time i checked you can mount DR's on steelies
well i doubt hes gonna wanna buy drag radials every time he needs new tires.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:02 PM

wtf.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:44 PM

I was reading in SCC or Modified mag about how changing just the offset of the wheel can change the way FWD cars react to bump/torque-steer, even in braking. Something about the "Dave Point" or the point inside the tire's contact patch that is the fulcrom(?) or axis in wich the wheel is steered. The article is a bit over my head but might be something to consider, espetialy if you plan on boosting it.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:51 PM

i have 17"s right now and they suck on the inside fender and the rims i want to get don't look good in 15"s so i'm gonna get them in 16"s

Trends should be set on the streets, not on the Internet. Respect is earned at the races.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:43 PM
is better than you™

if the wheels look nice who cars if they are knock offs or the real deal they are wheels. heck i've ran stockers(factory wheels) on all my bmws yet people thing they look nice and i get complements on them. i'd go for power then i would buy light cheaper wheels if i really felt i needed them or 'real deal' if i found a deal on them or decided i liked them better
Old 12-09-2007, 03:17 PM
aspiring luder

i'd save for actually good wheels and then do the go fast work, why spend over a thousand dollars on I/H/E when you'll probably get better or equal performance with lighter wheels and better tires

and rotas suck...btw, i'd never run that bullshit on my car
Old 12-09-2007, 04:01 PM

See this is what i'm saying you say rotas suck but there knockoffs of some of the hottest rims out there. If a person says Rotas are lame they're saying that Mugen, Spoon, Volks etc. are lame. They are the same at a more affordable price. I'm only 19 and most 19 year old kids can't save up for the real stuff and do performance at the same time unless their getting help from mom and dad.

it's a personal preferance thing but don't say they suck

Trends should be set on the streets, not on the Internet. Respect is earned at the races.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:11 PM

they look the same but they are not made the same. and are probably not as strong or as light.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:43 PM
aspiring luder

Originally Posted by monkey paw
they look the same but they are not made the same. and are probably not as strong or as light.
+ mofo 1

and i bought my 5Zigen wheels when i was 17, so don't give me that crap, save save save and you can get GOOD products, or at least not crap like Rotas

my parents have never helped me with my car, i bought my car from my dad so don't give me that bullshit, i'm 20 and have done everything myself

long story short, they're not the same, rota wheels are cheap imitations, and you have to save up to get good parts, or you'll replace them farther down the line if you want better performance
Old 12-09-2007, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by jlude90
+ mofo 1

and i bought my 5Zigen wheels when i was 17, so don't give me that crap, save save save and you can get GOOD products, or at least not crap like Rotas

my parents have never helped me with my car, i bought my car from my dad so don't give me that bullshit, i'm 20 and have done everything myself

long story short, they're not the same, rota wheels are cheap imitations, and you have to save up to get good parts, or you'll replace them farther down the line if you want better performance
ok guess if you want quality then don't get Rotas get the real thing but when your focused on the speed factor but still want your car to look good Rota is not a bad path. Like you said Rotas are imitations so they look good but suck. It all depends where you wanna spend your money.