General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

input on frame damage

Old 06-17-2007, 08:30 AM
No really,....it is

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default input on frame damage

ok this was talked about in another post very lightly but now i was looking for everyones opinion on the subject in general and not on just one single vehicle.

ok, so can anyone explain whats so bad about a bent frame. not the teg i have now, but some other vehicles i have owned had bent frames. Because of this issue i got them at a very very cheap price. They drove perfect and ran great i could not tell the frame was bent and i didn't care for that matter,if it doesn't affect the way the car drives,handles and performs then whats the big deal and why is everyone so scared of cars that have damaged frames or have been in an accident?

just something i have been wondering and what better place to ask than the place where people know everything there is to know about cars, Tampa Racing!!

thanks
rian

I got V-TECH AND HEADERS!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered-Honda-User

I had a crx with frame damage, it drove like crap. So personally I won't buy a car with frame damage.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:11 PM

I believe once bent, it becomes weaker (obviously). But also susceptible to rusting, once that happens, well, your just plain screwed. I bent my frame once, droped that sucka like a bad transmission and got another car.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Driven Concepts, Tampa FL

I think the answer is pretty simple. Personally, I would never buy a vehicle that has frame damage and here's why. Anything can be fixed, but what it comes down to is how good of a fix you are going to get. I am sure there are collision shops out there that will do their best to fix a bent frame, but the slightest oversight can effect how your car can potentially drive. I would not want my alignment to be constantly messed up, effecting my tires, etc..... Comes down to if you want to deal with headaches that might be associated with a bent frame and if the savings can really justify the potential problems that you might encounter.
813-236-4500
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm

WE ARE DIRECT
Tein, GReddy, Buddy Club, Bride, Tanabe, K-Sport, Power Enterprise, etc......
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/d...ml#post4905630