General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

I NEED ADVISE and OPINION!!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED ADVISE and OPINION!!!!

okay i have a 2000 mustang v6 which ive owned for a little over 2 years and the car runs great. we have done some aftermarket upgrades to the car and it looks awesome. the problem is that ive just purchased a 1998 eclipse GS-T spyder convert. on an impulse and to resell but ive kinda fell in love with it. the mustang has 97,xxx miles and the eclipse 124,xxx miles. I NEED HELP AND ADVISE!!! WHICH ONE TO KEEP?

thanks joe
Old 06-03-2007, 01:31 PM
now with more protein

If it has not already, the turbo on the GST will most likely need replacement soon. Other than that, as long as the GST has had its timing belt parts done on schedule (every 60K) I would sell the Mustang.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:39 PM
could be worse

there both at the end of there life IMO

really the gst will most likely be cheaper to keep running since its alot more common then a v6 mustang, and if you want to go quick then the gst will be there much easier then the mustang.

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 06-03-2007, 01:41 PM
back in a 4g63

first of all, its "ADVICE". lol just messin

i have an eclipse, so naturally i would say get rid of the piece of crap DSM and keep the reliable gas saver mustang.

if the eclipse was taken care of, 124,000 miles is like just broken in. ive never owned a mustang, so i dunno about part prices or whatever, but an eclipse should be pretty easy to maintain. also, a convertible turbo eclipse would be an awesome ride, and also good to have fun with. quick car that is ok on gas.

the mustang, however, seems to be a more reliable car, in my opinion. not saying that an eclipse is not reliable, but the mustang would just be more reliable. my friend has a 2000 mustang v6, and he beats the crap out of that car. we used to top out everytime we got on the express way, he punched itt around corners all the time, launched it, whatever, and it never had any problems. the downfall was, in the end it was just a v6 n/a mustang.

depending on your age and income, i'd say go with the eclipse if you want a fun, interesting, easily modifiable, quick car. if you want a car just to get from A to B, want to save a ton of money on gas and insurance, and dont care too much about how quick it is, get the mustang.

id say get the eclipse.

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."
Old 06-03-2007, 03:06 PM

What are your goals for the car you keep?
Old 06-03-2007, 03:31 PM
VOD
Field Rep

id sell the gs-t and keep the stang..if your worried about the milage on the stang start with a crate motor swap...personally id sell um both and get a fox body then drop in a crate motor and take care of all the odds and ends that need to be replace cause as we all know those foxs are older but really fun to drive and are damn sexy if u find a clean one