General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Used car dealers.....

Old 05-16-2007, 12:33 PM
haters♥me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used car dealers.....

My sister graduates high school next week, and shes getting a "new" car, but we live in ocala and theres not too many good used car dealers here...so we're thinking about going to tampa or orlando to look...could someone recommend a place that isn't a rip off, and doesn't sell garbage?We're looking for an RSX type s and we really don't want to buy anything that has been run into the ground,which i know is hard to find...
thanks.

F*CK THIEVES!

Keep your mind on your grind and off of mine.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
VOD
Field Rep

all used car deals suck..id rather pay more and buy somthing new with a warrenty. are u going to buy it out right or pay monthly with a finance company???
if u get financing DO NOT go through bayquest capitol..pm me if u wantto what happened with that company
Old 05-16-2007, 12:59 PM
haters♥me

Shes got like 10k down and shes going to finance the rest (which won't be much), and she doesnt want a huge payment,and she wants to pay it off pretty quick, since she'll be in college. Our dad is a mechanic, thats a good enough warrenty for her i guess.

F*CK THIEVES!

Old 05-17-2007, 07:46 AM
haters♥me

someone......?

F*CK THIEVES!

Old 05-17-2007, 07:59 AM
^is awesome personified

Check Hillsboro Auto Mart. But you have to call them, they never update their online stuff. Elite Motors is right across the street, but you're gonna have to call them too. I've seen some Type S's over at both those places before. I got my S2k from Car Collection on Dale Mabry, which is just north of Hillsborough. They are great to deal with. Usually they have only nicer cars there, which the Type S would be. Talk to Jay, he helped me out and sold me my S2k. I think he can get ahold of a car if you really want it too. If all else fails look on Autotrader. <That link has all the Type S's within 75 miles of Tampa, listed from lowest to highest price.

Hope I was of some help.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:03 AM
07 e92

Good luck finding a TypeS in tampa that hasn't been riddin hard, i've been looking and there aren't many. I would not recommend carcollection, i've been up there i seen the workers hit a car w/ a curb and mess up a front lip and turn around and try to hide it before the buyer saw it. It happened in front of my own eyes. they tried to act like nothing happen because the buyer was inside....

i recommend spending a good amount to get a good car.. 10k is one hell of a down payment and i wouldn't see her paying more than 250 a month.

Last edited by 05 TypeS DC5; 05-17-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Old School

Look for a car with low miles and be sure to carfax it and see what Kbb value is so you dont get ripped off.I reccomend cars.com and autotrader.com for looking for a car.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:16 AM
^is awesome personified

^^When did that happen?

I don't think she's going to be financing more than $2k, maybe $3k at most. If she did $2000 @ 8% (which is damn high and I think she would get lower and have an even lower payment) she could pay it off in a year with payments of ~$175. Just to give you an idea.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Mark G

All the used car dealers seem shady as hell to me. I'd feel much more safe buying a car that new from a one owner, and you can see what the person is like... But you have to finance too... So I can't help, sorry.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 AM
07 e92

^ it happened a couple of months ago, i cant remember exactly when. But i walked in because they had an 03 Pewter TypeS w/ i think a greddy lip. I went in only to see that someone had just bought the car and was signing papers. So, i walked out and stood around for a bit just to see what they had. When all of a sudden the guy brings up the car to give it to the kid that bought it. So i'm watching, thinkin man, sucks for me when all of a sudden the guy driving it hit the parking barier brick. and the lip ripped right off and went under the car. The guys working there quickly told the other guy to turn the car around and they would try to fix it before he came out. After seeing that i just left. i was like forget this place.... now, i don't know wheter or not they told the kid that bought the car but they tried to fix it up so no one would know.

true story i saw it and my gf saw it...