General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Can you remove the child windows in the back seats?

Old 04-04-2007, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you remove the child windows in the back seats?

It's been on my mind for a while, almost all newer vehicles have them so they only go down halfway and I think its hilarious how thats SO much safer, when if they were down and you wrecked, there would be glass all over your face. Anyway, the way they designed it, did they make it full travel with stops in the track so it can't go down further, or is that just the furthest it can possible go down?

Also, a question on the same topic I guess, if you put more power to the window motor and greased up the tracks good, could you made the windows go up and down in like half the time? I saw it on a video once, but I figured it could have just been sped up on their editing.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:33 PM
I race sailboats

More power to the window motors will definitely speed them up. You might wanna be careful though, itd suck to roll it down to fast and have glass all over the inside of your door.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
isuck

Originally Posted by Aoshi
It's been on my mind for a while, almost all newer vehicles have them so they only go down halfway and I think its hilarious how thats SO much safer, when if they were down and you wrecked, there would be glass all over your face. Anyway, the way they designed it, did they make it full travel with stops in the track so it can't go down further, or is that just the furthest it can possible go down?

Also, a question on the same topic I guess, if you put more power to the window motor and greased up the tracks good, could you made the windows go up and down in like half the time? I saw it on a video once, but I figured it could have just been sped up on their editing.
I think i know the video you're offering to, apparently it was either fake or an extremely expensive custom job, since the entire window rolled down in practically a second.

I'm pretty sure if you up the power of the motor, it increases the possibility of the glass breaking.
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:18 PM

Well, couldn't you just put a better stop at the bottom, so its not like, smashing into the bottom, put a ughh...um...word....cushion on a spring that won't push the window back up, but it would give enough resistance to slow it down to the point of not breaking?

Also, anyone know about the child windows?
Old 04-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Ru Noises...

check the design of the door. I know my only go so far, because child safety and also the design of the door
Old 04-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Err...I'm pretty sure thats the design of your door, and your track onyl goes down so far....

...And don't run a window motor hot. You'll be replacing it every goddamned week or two.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:17 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

There is NO SAFETY REGULATION requiring the windows to stop part way down. This is usually done due to the geometry of the dorr having to accomidate the glass and window slides & assembly.

DOT HS 808 878

So....ummmm.....not sure what you can do.

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 04-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Race Photographer

yup its usually cause of the shape of the door

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 04-04-2007, 07:33 PM

Oh, well thats just gay. I've always heard people say it was so retarded kids can't jump out. Hm, thats annoying.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:36 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Oh, well thats just gay. I've always heard people say it was so retarded kids can't jump out. Hm, thats annoying.

Nope....no such reasoning. In fact, there is a new law that just got put into effect as of 4-1-2007, regarding the type and placement of a power window switch in all cars manufactured after that date. But this has nothing to do with what your talking about.

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com