General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Wastegates/BOVs

Old 03-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wastegates/BOVs

So, I know some of the EBAY knockoff BOVs and wastegates are good - and I'd much rather buy one of them than spend an arm and a leg for Tial if they work just as well.

Question is, which ones work on EBAY, and which ones don't? Also, which BOVs are the quietest (besides recirculated) on EBay? Thanks in advance!

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Just for decoration

Originally Posted by vip18971
So, I know some of the EBAY knockoff BOVs and wastegates are good - and I'd much rather buy one of them than spend an arm and a leg for Tial if they work just as well.

Question is, which ones work on EBAY, and which ones don't? Also, which BOVs are the quietest (besides recirculated) on EBay? Thanks in advance!
I have an ebay BOV I dont want. $20 sound good? Its SSAC, never used.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 03-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by JonWRX
I have an ebay BOV I dont want. $20 sound good? Its SSAC, never used.
What mm and spring?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Old 03-26-2007, 02:32 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

I'd like to say I'd rather pay an arm and a leg for at least a TiAL wastegate than go cheap with one that is known on eBay to work...then again that would also be on the project car I'd be spending a few K on anyways.

I could deal with a crappy BOV, because that probably wont kill anything as quickly. Especially if it is a Type S, just because I love how it sounds

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 03-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian
I'd like to say I'd rather pay an arm and a leg for at least a TiAL wastegate than go cheap with one that is known on eBay to work...then again that would also be on the project car I'd be spending a few K on anyways.

I could deal with a crappy BOV, because that probably wont kill anything as quickly. Especially if it is a Type S, just because I love how it sounds
Well, I'll have a wastegate as well, I don't think anything is getting killed. A pressure valve is a pressure valve. People say they have great success with some of them.

And I don't like sound. At all. I want quiet. VERY quiet. I may do a recirculated BOV.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:41 PM

last time i checked ebay does not manufacture parts, or anything for that matter

you keep on refferencing them like they are HKS or Tial

Ebay has plenty of name brand stuff on there, witht he no name chinese crap

a wastegate is a pretty important piece, you willing to risk you engine over a couple of bucks saved?

A rather get a used tial then a brand xspower chrome made in vietnam bullshit.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
lol @ tampa

designs are similar, but not identical. Materials used can be inferior. BOV I might chance, wastegate? No way. There are ways of being cheap without buying shitty parts.

|Full color business cards||flyers||postcards||more|
Old 03-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by John
designs are similar, but not identical. Materials used can be inferior. BOV I might chance, wastegate? No way. There are ways of being cheap without buying shitty parts.
God knows I've tried. I'm almost done with stuff, just snatching up some odds and ends and I'll be ready to put the car together (pending paint), and I've come to BOVs/Wastegates...I don't really know jack shit about them. I'm planning on runnin 13/15lbs of bewst, so I'd figure the 15 lb springs in the BOV would work, same thing for the wastegate? Any ways you know of being cheap on the Wastegate, if I shoudl buy a good one?

Old 03-27-2007, 11:32 PM
The Asian

Originally Posted by ItsSoDookie

A rather get a used tial then a brand xspower chrome made in vietnam bullshit.
Whys it gotta be Vietnam?

Only thing that comes outta Vietnam are Vietnamese people and Nike Products...
Old 03-27-2007, 11:45 PM
lol @ tampa

Originally Posted by vip18971
God knows I've tried. I'm almost done with stuff, just snatching up some odds and ends and I'll be ready to put the car together (pending paint), and I've come to BOVs/Wastegates...I don't really know jack shit about them. I'm planning on runnin 13/15lbs of bewst, so I'd figure the 15 lb springs in the BOV would work, same thing for the wastegate? Any ways you know of being cheap on the Wastegate, if I shoudl buy a good one?
For a BOV, you can use a 90-94 DSM BOV. They work great in that boost level, and can be had cheap. Another option would be the 06 Evo 9 BOV, it holds 26psi, and can be bought brand new for 120 or less, cheaper used.. Its what i run on my car. Both are easily set up to be recirc'd, b/c they were designed to do so. Both sound just like a whoosh, no whistling or annoying crap.

For a wastegate, I'd just buy a used Tial. They are so popular and plentiful that you can find them pretty easily. Boost control is not something you want to skimp on.

|Full color business cards||flyers||postcards||more|