General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Attention Stolen 2003 M5

Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E=mc˛
You would think if you paid like 80k or however much it is to buy a BMW it would have some sort of lowjack or alarm.
yeah it has an immobilizer key, an alarm, all kinds of security features. whoever stole it needs to know A LOT about this car. i have fucking nightmares about this stuff happening to me
Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Just for decoration

Wow stolen from QSL?

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 03-21-2007, 07:38 PM

One Word: Lojack.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:54 PM
I love Lamp

If he had some type of onstar or lowjack he wouldnt have to worry about this. I got lowjack on my STi so whoever wants some parts off it better be prepared for the cops to know exactly where they are
Old 03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

lojack doesnt always work. you have to hope the law agencies in the area use it. there was some other reasons i read about why its also a waste of time. gps tracking is much more legit, and usually unknown by thieves.

good luck getting the car back though. sure sounds like a pro job if it happened in daylight at qsl :S
Old 03-21-2007, 08:45 PM
I love Lamp

Originally Posted by dan
lojack doesnt always work. you have to hope the law agencies in the area use it. there was some other reasons i read about why its also a waste of time. gps tracking is much more legit, and usually unknown by thieves.

good luck getting the car back though. sure sounds like a pro job if it happened in daylight at qsl :S
It uses a tracking device and 90% of the cars with lojack are recovered. Doesnt seem like a waste of money to me.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

It uses a tracking device and 90% of the cars with lojack are recovered. Doesnt seem like a waste of money to me.
unless they take it out prior to you activating the tracking.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:51 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

that's what they SAY, but i'm sure there is some fine print somewhere about how those statistics apply to certain metropolitan areas or whatnot. don't think for a minute every city's agencies have lojack.

either way this isnt the place to argue its faults. the M5 didnt have it, and chances are, with the job that got pulled in basically public eye, they probalby would have gotten past the lojack.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Cbr 1000 Rider

They didnt need a key for that car sounds like a tow truck job..Still a tow truck and u have a key to anyone car..Good luck
Old 03-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I love Lamp

Originally Posted by dan
that's what they SAY, but i'm sure there is some fine print somewhere about how those statistics apply to certain metropolitan areas or whatnot. don't think for a minute every city's agencies have lojack.

either way this isnt the place to argue its faults. the M5 didnt have it, and chances are, with the job that got pulled in basically public eye, they probalby would have gotten past the lojack.
well I know that every area in florida is covered with lojack and 80% of the US is covered. These arent just made up facts Im sure if the bmw had lojack it would be recovered because they would know where it is.Its the same thing as a GPS tracking like you said earlier. Even though this might not be needed in this thread maybe some people will learn a little bit about car security. Even though you say it might be a waste of money better to be safe then sorry.