General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

I'm thinking the f-car should have been penalized after the 2nd bump

Old 03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm thinking the f-car should have been penalized after the 2nd bump

YouTube - 2007 12 Hours of Sebring

especially on 17...
Old 03-21-2007, 06:43 PM

lovely

R.I.P - Tim Aldrich (Osama Tim Laden)

Old 03-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Sexist

LOL I am so surprised that you think that.

It made for some great racing. If the Porsche would have known the tactics the Ferrari was going to use the Porsche could have adjusted and won. Ol' Bergi isn't gonna let it happen again.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 PM
I love Lamp

WOW he hit him 3 times but thats what happens in GT. That GT2 was sooo sick I wish I could do that for a living.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:23 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

It was great racing -

and I'm glad they allowed a little bumping - the Porsche could have taken him out twice but didn't. I'm guessing that won't happen again

Again, I think the first bump was racing - then 2nd at the end was for position and the win.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

American Le Mans Series :: World Class

From Jorg Bergmeister:

Q: Have you viewed a video of Sebring's last lap? Is there anything there that changes your perception about what happened at the end?

A: I have watched the video. When you see the video, the footage is not as clear as what actually happened. He rode into Turn 17 with a lot of speed. He first bumped me on the right rear near the apex of the corner. I got an oversteer and had to lift off the throttle and then we were side by side. He was on the inside, I was on the outside. He bumped me again and pushed me toward the wall. I had to really back off the throttle - if I hadn't I would have gone into the wall. I thought that making a move like that at the end was very dangerous.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:51 AM
El Puto ©

As much as I would have liked the Porsche to win, I really enjoyed the Ferrari's tactics.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 AM
rv7

Porsche should have the win. The Ferrari driver used tactics normally seen in Gran Turismo or Forza, which is to just drive into the side of your opponent's car to take the win. Works in video games (and apparently in real life), but it is cheap, dirty, and should not have been allowed to go without a penalty.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:25 AM
rv7

Porsche should have the win. The Ferrari driver used tactics normally seen in Gran Turismo or Forza, which is to just drive into the side of your opponent's car to take the win. Works in video games (and apparently in real life), but it is cheap, dirty, and should not have been allowed to go without a penalty. The Porsche driver was clearly faster, waited to safely pass the Ferrari, and then got taken out by douche. Flame away, but it's the truth.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:46 PM
El Puto ©

Meh, it's a sport. Playing dirty is expected. Though it would have been great if the porsche had braked and the ferrari ran into the wall.