General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

:::::Quick question about registration!!::::::

Old 12-27-2006, 07:31 AM
!!PORTUGAL!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :::::Quick question about registration!!::::::

hey guys, i got a quick question.

i need to register a car today, but, my DL is expired/suspended, can u register a car anyways?

i had one of my cars tag transfered with the license like this but was through a dealer.

help me TR!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Pastafarian FOR LIFE!!!!!

how about you DONT FUCKING DRIVE, your shit is suspended for a reson
Old 12-27-2006, 07:53 AM
!!PORTUGAL!!

but i need the car registered, i cant have unregistered cars at the house, and its expired, im just waiting on paperwork to be able to renew.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:54 AM

no they wont let you. the first thing they ask you for is the title and your DL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 12-27-2006, 07:54 AM
!!PORTUGAL!!

that way being the same as suspended
Old 12-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Pastafarian FOR LIFE!!!!!

Originally Posted by 95w_bTEG
but i need the car registered, i cant have unregistered cars at the house, and its expired, im just waiting on paperwork to be able to renew.

oh, then thats different, I thought you were one of those assholes who drive with an expired/suspended license. Buy a car cover and cover the car(s) until you get your licence back. What kind of house is it? If its an appartment then your only choice is to cover the car, if its a house see if you can drive the car to the back.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:01 PM
!!PORTUGAL!!

got it registered no problem. nice!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Say whaaaaa..........? got it registered.........

It's my understanding that if a person has in their possession
an auto tag, that they must also have a valid license and insurance on the vehicle. The three are related.

A way to dip yo'sef in the manure is to cancel your auto insurance and keep the tag. The insurance co notifies Tallahassee that you have no ins., Tallahassee suspends your DL, and the bounty hunters come looking for your tag. Cops come looking to repo your DL. 3 times snagged on a suspended DL gets you felonized........

There are other combinations and flavors of manure a person can dip themselves into, but if you got it registered with no DL and no ins.,
it is a temporary condition. Call the Florida Insurance Commis office
for more details............or check my sig and start the payments
for unlimited legal consultations..........-Bob

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Old 12-29-2006, 08:38 PM
!!PORTUGAL!!

i do have insurance, just not a valid DL
Old 12-30-2006, 05:19 AM
gadget man

you don't have to have a dl to own and register a car....maybe you have a chauffer or your an old fuck with cataracts and your granddaughter drives you around. you can own a car and not have insurance as long as it isn't registered. Or you can have it not registered, but insured.

But yeah if you cancel insurance without canceling the registration the state fucks up your shit. Hell even if you just change insurance offices (even with the same company) you need to make sure the state has it straight. My dad changed from an insurance agent in florida to one in louisiana and eventhough he told the agent in FL that he was transfering his policy to a different aget (within the same company), the agent just notified FL that the insurance was canceled (technically it was canceled, but just with the agent) that agent didn't mention that it was reactivated in LA. Since the car and DL were still registered in FL he got a letter saying his stuff was revoked. It was a big pain in the ass to get it straightened out.

What I don't get is why is it like this? I can buy a car, have it registered to my name, insure it, then decide it's time to put it in the garage for some restoration ( like a 69 camaro ) and while in the garage I don't need to pay for insurance so I cancel it. I can see the state canceling the registration for the car, if you don't have insurance then it shouldn't be on the street.....but what says I don't have another car, or maybe I am driving a friends car. why the hell do they go after the DL as well?
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001