General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Daily driver

Old 12-15-2006, 02:47 AM
Sexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daily driver

I can't stand that phrase. Every time I read that in some "sports" car review I think of the writer as being a pussy who's sole mode of transportation is a minivan.

We're talking sports cars here. The phrase "daily driver" shouldn't even be brought up. If you like driving sports cars then it you'd be comfortable driving any sports car of your choosing even if it meant climbing through a window or stepping over a side pod to get in it.

From now on I'm going to consider anyone using the phrase "daily driver" a twat.

But nevermind me. I'm a sports car extremist. I've got over 100,000 miles on my "not daily driver friendly" car. Gee, it would have been so much more enjoyable to have driven all those miles in a SUV, minivan or Cadillac.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:16 AM
Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu

ha, twat.

haha.

fuck thats funny in the morning.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:48 AM
Shake n' Bake

lol im the same way, 140k on the cobra and my step dads Z06 has over 100k.....

Old 12-15-2006, 04:52 AM
slow

Totally agree...which is why I had to get something atleast remotely sporty for my "daily driver". I can't stand driving slushbox cars that don't handle.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:04 AM
Please hold...

Not everyone gets a viper as a daily driver, im sure most would put up with it even with race sus loud ehuast and no radio, or atleast i would, but i would love to have a GT3RS for an everyday car.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:05 AM
Banned

I use the phrase Daily Driver to accent the fact that my car won't be sitting in a garage more than to specify that I have another car for my prissy ass. Like, "This car would make an excellent Daily Driver," versus, "This is my hot rod, but I've got a Ford Festiva for a Daily Driver."
Old 12-15-2006, 06:28 AM
As Seen On TV!

I use the term to say that the car CAN be driven anywhere...it won't overheat, run out of gas, is legal to be street driven, etc.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old 12-15-2006, 06:30 AM
Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu

I dont care if someone calls their car their daily driver, cause they drive it every day. cause well thats just simple logic.

If however they sub out nice handling and speed for a stupid grocery getter just to save gas/and or have creature comforts, I can see the T word coming into play.

Will defenitly try to incorporate "twat" into my everyday vocabulary though.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:42 AM
*Turbo Interceptor*

F*ck that, I built my cars to be driven on a daily basis. If it can't be its not worth it, it might as well be a track car. If you can't enjoy your sports/project car on a daily basis its not a daily driver. My next project when done will be what I drive to work everyday 55mi round trip, like I did the last one. Not to say that if it fails I won't have a back up to make the trip. I will leave the family car to the wife. The only thing that gets on my nerves is that the damn defrost doesn't work as well w/o ac when it rains

Fuel economy doesn't matter in my case either, with the standalone I can tune for 28-30mi/ gallon outside of load 15.1 a/fs when I'm cruising

Last edited by THE_ONE; 12-15-2006 at 06:45 AM.