General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Why did you buy your car?

Old 12-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Please hold...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did you buy your car?

With the recent domestic vs. import thread, i was wondering why you bought the car you have, or plan on getting soon. Gas milage, reliablity, looks, upgradeablity, speed, project car ect ect.

I bought my car because I thought the car was a good platform to play around with. (I havent upgraded anything on the car since ive owned it for 2+ years though) Its something i plan on keeping till out of college when i can modify the way I really want to (plan is for an ls1 or ls2). right now its just a reliable DD and thats all.

Last edited by LongFellow; 12-11-2006 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:58 AM
99" Honda Civic SI

I had a 94' Mustang Gt that was worked pretty well and started this job to where I was putting 70 miles round trip on it every day so I sold it for a 99' Civic SI. Thegas mileage is great and it's actually a pretty fun little car to drive. I can't own a car and leave it bone stock so I am sure there will be some mods in the near future.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:01 AM
bbbblllllaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

diesel dually cause its a BEAST for towing and hauling sht , cadillac deville cause its ooohhh so comfy and the mustang my cousin should be picking up TODAY for me .. to spray till wel blow up the stock drivetrain then gut the bitch buid it proper cage it and get rude
Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Mechanical Engineer

gas mileage is great, speed its one of the fastest out there in and out of the twisties, it looks awesome...
and I guess it helped by balls to drop lol jk
Old 12-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Please hold...

Originally Posted by Adrenaline
gas mileage is great, speed its one of the fastest out there in and out of the twisties, it looks awesome...
and I guess it helped by balls to drop lol jk
And its less than any NEW car. Bike is on the to do list when i get money down the road in life, though ill be getting a slow 600

Last edited by LongFellow; 12-11-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:12 AM
KBizzzle

I decided to buy my Z after i drove it. I had been in 2 fox bodies and a 72 duster before and was so much of a difference. Plus the 6-speed was and still is very fun

^^Makes me warm and fuzzzzy
Old 12-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Banned

Depends on which car!

The Camaro I bought because, let's face it, a 1967 Camaro is bad ass. The upgrade possibilites are endless. It's a very well-documented car with a huge fan base. The engine bay will hold any Chevy engine made. It's a sweet looking ride and it turns heads wherever I go. The car is also so simple, that it can't help but be reliable. Obviously, gas mileage was not part of my reasoning.

I bought the Caddy because I live in Florida and I needed a car with A/C. At the time I was the car 2-3 hours a day with my commute, and the mileage from the Camaro and lack of A/C was killer. The Caddy was cheap, looks smooth, has almost legendary reliability, and gets decent mileage for a carbureted V8. Couldn't beat it for $1500.

My wife bought the Trans-Am because it was purple and cool looking.

And, since we're on the topic, I bought my bike because it looks old school, sounds bad ass, has a limitless aftermarket, and it's big enough to move my 6'2" ass around without looking like a bear fucking a football. It also gets absolutely excellent mileage and never leaves me stranded. The resale value is also a plus, if I were to ever sell it.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:25 AM
BOB
Too Old & Too Poor

I bought my little S-10 because it was new, I liked it, and I felt like getting rid of my LX 5.0 mustang which I kept breaking (I should've kept it). I still have the truck as my daily commuter, and I ended up adding my little brother's civic to the garage after he lost his license, and have been toying with it ever since. It hasn't blown up so far, so that's good.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:35 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

well i have owned my car for almost 7 years now, but i bought it because i think its the best looking civic ever made, it has a very sophisticated suspension for a compact car and handles great, upgrades are pretty cheap, replacement stock parts are all over the place, its easy to work on, plus the gas milage and reliability.