General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Srt-8

Old 11-27-2006, 05:37 AM
Pastafarian FOR LIFE!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS1 > Mopar in an S10

V8 conversion manuals, parts for V8 S10, Datzun Z, Jaguar, Chevy TPI & TBI, Colorado, Astro Van V8, Volvo 200 & 700 has all the S10 v8 conversion stuff
Old 11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Requiem

i think you guys are missing the point, obviously he wants something different. I say all power to him if he has the money. Everyone knows someone with a 350 in it, its old, nothing against the motors, but he wants to be unique. I say he finds a Grand National motor to put in it, or a 5.4 liter ford mod motor...
Old 11-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Hates cars...

+1 gn motor
Old 12-02-2006, 03:35 PM
ASM FTW!

i like this idea. I have been reading a good bit about these SRT-8's lately, as i think i may end up with one. The new 6.1 is flat out a bad ass. It revs plenty high, and matches or beats the LSx with the heads/cam thing pretty regularly... this of course with proper parts selection. The only difference/problem is the cost, AND the electronics. People with spray have gotten a good bit out of these things, but there have been low boost blower cars scattering parts. Apparently it is all because of the ecm/tuning ability, or lack thereof. I would honestly look for a 5.7, and work that bitch, just based on the difficulty of locating and paying for an SRT block. You will be missing a good amount of cool stuff, like the baffled alum. oil pan and other little toys, if you would even be able to use them, BUT its not year specific, so the MDS stuff wont be an issue. As cool as this may be, i would most likely just do the LS-x regardless of who has before, its a bad ass motor itself, and might as well exploit how easy it is to throw them at any platform....

If you are still interested in looking more info up, the most active SRT community it seems i have found so far is Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums... its funny, even on the jeep srt sites, i have found a few people that i know from supra forums, and they seem like really knowledgeable guys, that are willing to spend some money and help R&D some stuff...

Good luck
Mark