General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Lets try this again---Cylinder head porting-Excellent HP per $

Old 10-25-2006, 05:32 PM
aspiring luder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought polishing on exhaust was like deburring, with less points for heat to...convene(?)

and if you need someone to practice on, i'd be willig to help
Old 10-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

he knows his shit..and there is alot more to just flow numbers and so on..i could say somethings about flow and so on but i wont either..there secrets of the trade and so on.

and ported exh helps big no matter boost,juice or n/a it helps.it helps and like also like he was saying theres less area to get heat soak with a ported exh.

matt shot me a pm back about my heads i think i sent u the flow sheet..he used a intake tube also i believe..i would like to here your 2 cents on them.

also people on a boost engine the key to making power real hp gains are on the exh side of the head..the intake flow matters but not all as much as what yall think..

pretty much your forceing air into the engine with boost.so u have to get all that forced air back out but the amout of force pushing it out is the same as if it was n/a so if you got a good exh vortex going it will help with the whole combo.i'm sure matt can say it alittle better them me..i suck at explaining shit unless i'm in person
Old 10-25-2006, 08:10 PM

What could you expect from my ole ls1? would this help me out much?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Thread TERRORIST

So, have you actualy ported a head before, or are you just running on book knowledge here?

If you know how to do your shit in the field as well as the blackboard (and have anyone who can vouch) I could use some headwork.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:17 AM
Motherfuckin Trend Killer

Ive been playing around porting since I was 14 (21 now). No, i havent ported 2200 sets of head, and flowed them all. I'd say ive done 20 sets of my own plus a couple hundred hours of clean-sheet DRCE port design. The only thing I lack with porting is experience-which is a big part. That being said, I might be able to extract 80-90% out of a port. That other 10-20% will take another 30 yrs.
Im in touch on a daily basis with some of the brightest minds and well respected-names.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

pm me about my heads matt..i know u read my comment..lol

at this point i'm ready to give them away at a good price.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:28 PM

Sorry bro, I ended up in GA tonight. Only flow #'s those look pretty good, but I would luike to see the CSA on those. And also up to 850 lift. Ill tell ya what. The bench will be done in a month or so, if i dont buy them I WILL find a buyer for you...Im cocktailin tonight however and can provide a more sober response in the morning...Matt
Old 10-26-2006, 04:29 PM

Tell frankie to buy the motor and ill take the welder, im not going to orlando so just call me when u get back...Matt
Old 10-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

matt i'm droping the price on the heads to either 1500 or 1400 man..

and i aint going to orlando now either but live updates will be on yourwaynetwork.com at 11 every night
godragracing.com
and yellowbullet.com in the forums section..i tried talking to frankie that number i gave u is the only contact number every one has for him..later though man.

ps what do u mean by csa..i guess i should go threw this thread..lol
Old 10-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Got traction?

What would you charge for 4v dual intake port heads? I don't need any additional cfm but I need to increase my port speed/velocity. Thanks. -Mark

Quick Reply: Lets try this again---Cylinder head porting-Excellent HP per $