General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Home Depot...definately not the automotive people.

Old 09-19-2006, 03:33 PM
PSSHHH x2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home Depot...definately not the automotive people.

Alright, well i just got my tank outta the car, and its somewhat rusted inside so i figured id clean it up and Put some Ospho or POR15 the convert the rust inside so i quit having these little bullshits break off in the fuel....so i call them up ask for paint as usual, and get chatting and he asked what i was using it for, so i told him-the fuel tank. And he proceeds to tell me that i cant run that in my tank...as if i was going to mix it with my petrol? anyways, he was like "sir, i really dont reccommend you use it, it can harm your engine" so i ask how, cause now im curious since this is entertaining and starts tell me "If it breaks off it can go into your engine and blow it up" i started to laugh so hard it wasnt even funny anymore. "Guy, for one, a chunk of iron in the fuel line will not make the motor blow up, we have fuel filters for a reason, and at the worst, i lose some fuel pressure at which point the cars fuel pressure safety switch will shut it down. What time do you close?"

suprisingly they are open till midnight! usually i have to race there by 9.
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 09-19-2006, 03:38 PM
TR Shop Mod

Funny, there are plans for some of their stores to pilot and auto parts section.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:39 PM
PSSHHH x2

id work at it...the auto part section going to be stocked with dryer hose, welders, wheelbarrow wheels, etc.
Brocks megaphone
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Old 09-19-2006, 04:59 PM
www.contour.org

it has gotten so bad for me at home depot that I never tell them what it is for. They ask me why I need a certain part or product, and I gently whisper "It's a secret." The moment you tell them the product will be used for anything other than what is pictured on the box they act like your car will blow up!
Old 09-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Most of the people who work at auto parts stores are idiots anyways so whats the difference if home depot sells autoparts also.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:08 PM
OH SNAP!

Originally Posted by Tom N
Most of the people who work at auto parts stores are idiots anyways so whats the difference if home depot sells autoparts also.
100% agree. I dont even bother telling them what i use the parts for. I just hate how they argue with me when they must know what car i have to find the part, then argue with me about needing it. Just sell me the damn part of my car, i know what i want and need.
Driving definitions: Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:12 PM
PSSHHH x2

Originally Posted by CrypticApathy
100% agree. I dont even bother telling them what i use the parts for. I just hate how they argue with me when they must know what car i have to find the part, then argue with me about needing it. Just sell me the damn part of my car, i know what i want and need.
think how the guy feels at Autozone when i want to buy a piston ring compressor for my RX7!
Brocks megaphone
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Old 09-20-2006, 04:59 AM

In thier defense, they probably get alot of retarded shoppers that need to be told their RX7 doesn't have pistons, etc...
Old 09-20-2006, 05:28 AM
Please hold...

Originally Posted by Sneakin Deacon
think how the guy feels at Autozone when i want to buy a piston ring compressor for my RX7!

just tell him its JDM lhd v8 special edition they only sold in cambodia.. im sure he wont be to confused