General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

help with wideband, what should i do?!

Old 06-30-2006, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with wideband, what should i do?!

Hey, i bought an AEM uego wideband that was used from someone i knew and i guess i fouled the sensor or something. It won't read hardly at all and im starting to worry that i'll wash the rings since i got huge injectors with my new setup. The sensor heats up and etc, it really sucks since they are not cheap. I'm sorta on a budget right now so i was thinking if i should buy a new sensor and street tune, or should i just leave as is, get dyno tuned and buy sensor when money allows? Sucks i dont know anyone else with a wideband, but if anyone has one that wants to help, let me know. Lates
Old 07-01-2006, 10:48 AM
aspiring luder

O2 sensors are cheap, but if that is it can't you leave it out? it'll just throw a code and if you can override it or whatever you'll get more performance out of it, instead of it dictating your fuel economy, if its something else i think it would be dumb to waste the money on a tune when you could pay for the sensor with that money and only tune once, rather than having to tune again when you replace the sensor
Old 07-01-2006, 11:04 AM

Hey faded, how has your experience with the uego been? I've heard some mixed things about it, i was thinking of switching over possibly. Lates
Old 07-01-2006, 01:00 PM
www.contour.org

does the uego part number 30-4100 come with everything you need to monitor the AFR?

I think the O2 sensor for those things are pretty expensive.