General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

is honda going to make a v8 or just leave f1

Old 06-25-2006, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is honda going to make a v8 or just leave f1

yesterday watching the f1 practice the guys were talking about how in 2008 all f1 engines are going to be based on stock road car blocks to keep down the cost of bringing in new teams .. but the only two comPanys that are making a big deal about it is honda and toyota but toyota has a production v8 but not honda so what do you think they will do and if they did come out with a v8 car what will they put it in ... i also heard somewhere that hond wants to bring bakc the prelude because the mid size sport car market is coming back..just think a v8 vtec prelude!!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:29 AM
El Puto ©

Originally Posted by cosworth34677
yesterday watching the f1 practice the guys were talking about how in 2008 all f1 engines are going to be based on stock road car blocks to keep down the cost of bringing in new teams .. but the only two comPanys that are making a big deal about it is honda and toyota but toyota has a production v8 but not honda so what do you think they will do and if they did come out with a v8 car what will they put it in ... i also heard somewhere that hond wants to bring bakc the prelude because the mid size sport car market is coming back..just think a v8 vtec prelude!!
Good point, but no, I dont think the v8 lude will ever happen.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Shake n' Bake

you dont need a v8 when you have vtec!!!

Old 06-25-2006, 03:44 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by Road Rage
you dont need a v8 when you have vtec!!!

I like the way you think!

1998 crv daily beater
Old 06-26-2006, 03:24 AM
aspiring luder

did i hear V8 prelude?
WITH VTEC!!!!!11!!1!!!

still won't touch a 3G with an H22 (tentative)

they would have to throw it in an NSX or something, because the prelude will never be RWD, and i would kick honda in the nuts if the made an FWD V8, so bring back the NSX and put a big ole V8 in it, i would actually be interested to see what a honda V8 DOHC VTEC engine would do next to an american V8, would kinda settle some disputes eh?

Last edited by jlude90; 06-26-2006 at 03:31 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:43 AM
Turn 7 at Sebring

Honda's F1 team has bigger issues right now.... I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the plug.

It will be interesting to see what will happen if/when the IRL and Champ car merge. IRL is exclusive to Honda and Champ Car is exclusive to Ford-Cosworth.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Still Addicted to Boost

Hondas F1 program sucks, as far as Toyota there alright, they got Ralf Shumacher, but theres always inthe wrong place at the wrong time getting in wrecks. well if Honda is going to dump more $$ intot the IRL , whats going to happen when them and CHAMP merge.talks are happening , people are agreeing...i want to see the Old CHAMP CAR, where it was Toyota,Honda,Ford al Turboed...cause that why i love Champ car ..the Turboed Cosworth Motors are Sick! btw anyone see that race yesterday?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Still Addicted to Boost

Originally Posted by jlude90
did i hear V8 prelude?
WITH VTEC!!!!!11!!1!!!

still won't touch a 3G with an H22 (tentative)

they would have to throw it in an NSX or something, because the prelude will never be RWD, and i would kick honda in the nuts if the made an FWD V8, so bring back the NSX and put a big ole V8 in it, i would actually be interested to see what a honda V8 DOHC VTEC engine would do next to an american V8, would kinda settle some disputes eh?
Well the NSX is still around for a mere 90grand. and Honda does have a DOHC V8 VTEC engine..its in the Pilot which is garbage anyway,
Old 06-26-2006, 09:38 AM
aspiring luder

i thought the S2000 killed the NSX, i knew the last ones were 90, maybe they just killed the NSX black, and i'm talking a performance DOHC V8, isn't the pilot SOHC?