General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Mitsubishi Mirage

Old 06-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Ecotec y0!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mitsubishi Mirage

Hey guys, my sister has a 2000 mitsubishi mirage, auto, it only has about 60 something thousand miles on it. It runs great and the only thing wrong is that the springs and shit are pretty much shot because she thinks she has to go 40mph up our damn driveway Anyways shes going to be moving to Orlando in 2 months. And she said she would give me the car for me to take over in payments. By the time she leaves ill probly have to pay off somewhere in the high 1,000's. No big deal, i can pay it off in full. But should i go that route, or should i stick with what i want, a 240sx, s13. Because i was thinking maybe it would be better for the miraeg since it has lower milage, its newer, and i know the engine is great. Since who knows what problems i can come across with the 240, and my sisters fucked suspension is just more the reason for me to buy upgraded shit... so what you guys think?
Old 06-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Requiem

get the mirage,everyone is getting a fucking 240.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Ecotec y0!

haha good point
Old 06-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Ecotec y0!

id like some more input please....
Old 06-04-2006, 12:40 PM
aspiring luder

what do you want it for?

there is shitlots of support for the 240s, and FWD sucks, but everyone is gonna have a 240 soon, but if your going to autocross it or something, the 240 would be much better but i don't know about the reliability of the Mirage...isn't that the EVO?
Old 06-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Ecotec y0!

evo? no...
and yah 240's are starting to get really popular, which is making their damn price go up, bastards...

but i have a perfectly fine mirage in my garage, i mine as well take what i got right in front of me, it runs great and it will last a while, 60k miles is not bad at all compared to a 240 which will most likly have over 100
Old 06-04-2006, 01:13 PM
aspiring luder

the earlier evos were not brought to america, and i think, instead of the lancer, we had the mirage, lemme go look
Old 06-04-2006, 01:15 PM
OH SNAP!

Originally Posted by jlude90
isn't that the EVO?
Sorta, the older miarages were what we got for the lancers, there not evo's. When we started getting lancers/evo's over here they did away with the mirages.

If you want a car that can kinda be fast, get a 240. if you want a car that will give gas millage hold 4 people and be comfy get a mirage. But dont waste your time modifing the mirage, its a auto for one, 2 its a grocery gitter.
Driving definitions: Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:17 PM
No

Originally Posted by CrypticApathy
If you want a car that can kinda be fast, get a 240. if you want a car that will give gas millage hold 4 people and be comfy get a mirage. But dont waste your time modifing the mirage, its a auto for one, 2 its a grocery gitter.
theres your answer...who the fuck cares if everyone is gettin a 240? just more parts cars for those of us not on the bandwagon
Old 06-04-2006, 01:27 PM
aspiring luder

if you don't want to be as much like everyone else, get a miata, then whoop some ass in it, i thought they were a bit... but when i learned more about them...damn

and from what i hear, the cheapo ebay springs are the best for them go figure

and i knew there was some link with the EVO and the mirage, just wasn't sure what

but as stated above and like i said earlier, if you want to just cruise and be comfy with good gas mileage in a car you get for a good deal, go for the Mirage, but to race it, get RWD...or AWD but not as cheap