General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Camaro Convertible Greenlighted???!!!

Old 06-02-2006, 04:49 AM
The Boss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Convertible Greenlighted???!!!

Now this is the reason I love Autoblog, and also the reason I wish I made alot more money.......
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/06/02/c...eady-approved/

You can't tell me that thing isn't sexy as hell.....

"I'm the one that killed Monday, whooped Tuesday and put Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the hospital." - Dolemite
Old 06-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Sexist

I'll reserve my enthusiasm until I see them in the showrooms. GM has disappointed waaaaay too many times.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Pastafarian FOR LIFE!!!!!

omg, thats way tooo hoot!!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT/10
I'll reserve my enthusiasm until I see them in the showrooms. GM has disappointed waaaaay too many times.
I've got a ton of pics of the concept if you want me to post them. I got to sit in it about a week ago at the F-Body Gathering in Atlanta. I think the camaro is gonna be like the final version of the new mustang. GM will probably go in and change a lot of things around before sending it into the final production stages.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:54 AM

+1, I had a chance to testdrive a Solstice this past weekend, needs more power which the turbo version will address but the trunk and manual top operation is a joke. I would probably look hard at a Redline Sky if it weren't for these 2 issues. Handling and brakes weren't bad but a curb weight nearly 500lbs more than a miata WTF?

Miata's manual top takes 20 secs to lower without leaving the drivers seat, Solstice/Sky requires pulling over, getting out, walking around both sides of the car etc. The trunk was too small to even hold clothes for 2 for a weekend get-away.

They should have picked up a used miata and took notes.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
El Puto ©

Its nice, but I feel like GM and Chrysler are just being like Ford with the mustang. To me, its a little too late to bring out something retro, everyone has seen it already. GM should have came out with the new maro around the same time Ford brought out the stang. They should be more origional.

I wouldnt mind a New classic style vette coming out with the LS2 in it.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Just Ledoux it!

Originally Posted by sex
Its nice, but I feel like GM and Chrysler are just being like Ford with the mustang. To me, its a little too late to bring out something retro, everyone has seen it already. GM should have came out with the new maro around the same time Ford brought out the stang. They should be more origional.

I wouldnt mind a New classic style vette coming out with the LS2 in it.

They are sticking to the retro theme, ford comes out with the mustang in 64.5 and then chevy rolls the camaro out a year and a half later.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Olde Skool DSM'r

It is sexy in the Jessica Rabbit kind of way.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Sexist

Originally Posted by sex
Its nice, but I feel like GM and Chrysler are just being like Ford with the mustang.
Don't you mean Ford is being like Chrysler? The Viper, Prowler and PTCruiser (all retro models) came out loooooong before the retro Mustang. BTW I think the new Mustang is the most beautiful Mustang ever.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:09 PM
El Puto ©

Originally Posted by 93ex
They are sticking to the retro theme, ford comes out with the mustang in 64.5 and then chevy rolls the camaro out a year and a half later.

Don't you mean Ford is being like Chrysler? The Viper, Prowler and PTCruiser (all retro models) came out loooooong before the retro Mustang. BTW I think the new Mustang is the most beautiful Mustang ever.
Could be, but were those models out in the 60's? I do like the originality to the Viper,Prowler, and PT.

Last edited by Puto; 06-02-2006 at 04:11 PM.