General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

window tint help please....

Old 05-14-2006, 02:52 PM
TRU RICE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window tint help please....

I realize that there is already a sticky for window tint places, but my fiancee is going to get her new civic si done. She lives in clearwater and it seems that all the good places are in Tampa. Does anyone know of any real good ones in clearwater/palm harbor? Looking to get limo tint all around, so the place must do limo. She right now is planning on using american car craft in spring hill which arent bad but a little out of the way as well as not anything too spectacular. Why I say that is becuase i have had my civic done there 3 times. I would hope that window tint does not have to get re-done that often. They guarantee their work but not on their limo tint. Can anyone help me/her?

---TRU RICE---

Starting to mod......
Old 05-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Please hold...

Limo tint will get you a ticket within a month of putting it on, its not worth it.

Fl law says that front two windows no lower than 28%
and rest of the windows no lower than 20%

Limo tint is 5-7%

ohyea limo tint has a big problem with fading quickly. the die they use in the film soaks up uv rays quicker than lighter films.

g/l though
Old 05-14-2006, 04:00 PM
TRU RICE

thanks for the advice but we definitely want to go with limo tint. I have had limo for 7 years on my civic and for a few months on my xb. I am yet (knock on wood) to get one person of authority of any kind to give me crap for it.

---TRU RICE---

Starting to mod......
Old 05-14-2006, 04:02 PM
drives euro trash

Couple questions on the tint on your xB. Did you get all the windows tinted? If so, what sort of tint did you use on the rear windows? I'm under the impression only a certain kind of tint can be used on the rear windows due to the integrated FM & AM antennas.

I'm looking to get my new xB tinted along with a bit darker tint on top of the factory privacy tint. Curious what kind of tint you used, who did the install, and if you had any issues with FM reception.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:05 PM

I used to have it on my truck, and it is still on my tahoe, never had a problem with it anywhere. I went lighter on the truck after I started driving it more at night. I got it done at Divine Sounds for cheap.

-Patrick
Old 05-14-2006, 04:49 PM
TRU RICE

alan- so you ended up getting the xb? I thought you were going to get the fit since you test drove it? Oh well anyway I do have issues with fm reception but I dont think its because of the tint. I think it is because of the aftermarket radio I put in the car.... it could be because of the tint, I never thought about that. I dont know what kind of tint it is besides limo. The back and sides are a bit lighter so the tint would match all around (because of factory privacy glass). The install was done at american car craft in spring hill.

FLbigdog- Divine Sounds - (813) 886-3100
8338 N Dale Mabry Hwy
Tampa, FL 33614

Is there another location for this company? We are looking for one in pinellas county like clearwater or palm harbor or dunedin or something

---TRU RICE---

Starting to mod......

Last edited by civicus; 05-14-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:53 PM

Thats the only one I know of, they were cheap and did a good job, I am from right around there so I haven't really looked around at any other places. I don't really venture out to clearwater at all..
Old 05-14-2006, 06:51 PM
its CRACK bitch!

Divine sounds ...FTW... ask for Jovan
Old 05-14-2006, 08:56 PM
TRU RICE

ok divine sounds seems to be a choice that many people like but I am really looking for a place in clearwater, palm harbor, dunedin etc...

---TRU RICE---

Starting to mod......
Old 05-15-2006, 01:51 PM
TRU RICE

ttt

---TRU RICE---

Starting to mod......