General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Mazdaspeed Mazda 6 TURBO!

Old 05-06-2006, 08:18 AM
yep, ima member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mazdaspeed Mazda 6 TURBO!

.I was watching Tv...shocker...and i saw the commercial for the new mazda 6 turbo....im not sure if it was AWD or not...I remember when the 6 first came out it was suspose to be turbo AWD..or atleast it was in japan..any thoughts on this car? and why is it that mazda turbo's one car every other yr, atleast it seems like it..Mazda protoge*turbo*, Miata*turbo*, and now the 6 is going turbo..i think its great and all..anybody have opinions on the turbo 6?...just making some convo.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:23 AM
well sh*t

Originally Posted by RSXTC
.I was watching Tv...shocker...and i saw the commercial for the new mazda 6 turbo....im not sure if it was AWD or not...I remember when the 6 first came out it was suspose to be turbo AWD..or atleast it was in japan..any thoughts on this car? and why is it that mazda turbo's one car every other yr, atleast it seems like it..Mazda protoge*turbo*, Miata*turbo*, and now the 6 is going turbo..i think its great and all..anybody have opinions on the turbo 6?...just making some convo.
there's a protege and miata turbo? didnt know that
Old 05-06-2006, 08:59 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Google owns the hell outta you guys! Mazdaspeed Protege was a 1.8 turbo made only in 2003, 2005 ended the NB chassis Miata with another 1.8T Mazda, now theres the Mazdaspeed 6 which has actually been out for a while. Mazda announced it at least a year ago. Also announced was a Mazdaspeed 3 with the same drivetrain except FWD only. CX-7 will also have the 2.3 direct injection turbo, making the company much more appealing and one day there will be 2.3 turbos everywhere in junkyards for people to swap.

Probably going to be another Mazdaspeed MX-5 as well, though one can only hope they use the same drivetrain.

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 05-06-2006, 10:19 AM
well sh*t

Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian
Google owns the hell outta you guys! Mazdaspeed Protege was a 1.8 turbo made only in 2003, 2005 ended the NB chassis Miata with another 1.8T Mazda, now theres the Mazdaspeed 6 which has actually been out for a while. Mazda announced it at least a year ago. Also announced was a Mazdaspeed 3 with the same drivetrain except FWD only. CX-7 will also have the 2.3 direct injection turbo, making the company much more appealing and one day there will be 2.3 turbos everywhere in junkyards for people to swap.

Probably going to be another Mazdaspeed MX-5 as well, though one can only hope they use the same drivetrain.
i just went and got a drink. i like when people do the searching for things i dont really care about. i would love to have a 1.8 turbo miata though. that would be sweet.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:34 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally Posted by drft_wannabe
i would love to have a 1.8 turbo miata though. that would be sweet.
I agree. My 1.6 leaves me wanting a bit more, and forced induction > *. Honestly, if I get the money one day, I dont think there would be a more perfect setup than the 2.3 DISI

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 05-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Just for decoration

I would love to have a mazdaspeed protege.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 05-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Why So Serious?

Originally Posted by RSXTC

took one out for a test drive, it is awd and 6spd.Kool thing about it was u didnt have to put a key in the ignition,Its kinda set up like a benz with the lil card and a key already in the ingintion.

No Front Bumper Mafia crew#1 since 04'
The original 350Z Blue 240sx
Old 05-06-2006, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian

The Mazdaspeed Protege is a 2.0L turbo.....google owns who?

Wanna trade car's?
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...tons-more.html
Old 05-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Wasted?

My brother bought a brand new mazdaspeed portege back in 03 it was bright ass orange cool car but only puts down 190hp.

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
Old 05-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Ghetto, Like Josh Stevens

They're also in the works of releasing a Mazdaspeed 3. I'm hoping it comes with AWD. I've driven the Mazdaspeed 6 and it pulls. I love the car, but it's just not something I can afford right now.