General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

I'm embarrassed to drive a Honda

Old 04-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha
Ask Ron how much his old LSD was.

Does this mean we will see your Honda up for sale soon Ron?
My old LSD was $900. Damn Mitubishi owners dont know SHIT!. Right now here is my driveline.
Prodrive spool=$600
Prodrive ring gear and counter shaft=$1200
Stage 5 axles=$1800
If that is cheap then what is expensive? Keep looking at Ebay parts and try and put down 700hp. That might work on Mitubishi's not honda's. To answer your question Alpha about me selling my car. NEVER!!!! I love my car and it's nice to be different then everyone else. I have paid a high price though. Going 10's at 144mph is very exciting.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by qitstrn
My old LSD was $900. Damn Mitubishi owners dont know SHIT!. Right now here is my driveline.
Prodrive spool=$600
Stage 5 axles=$1800
If that is cheap then what is expensive? Keep looking at Ebay parts and try and put down 700hp. That might work on Mitubishi's not honda's. To answer your question Alpha about me selling my car. NEVER!!!! I love my car and it's nice to be different then everyone else. I have paid a high price though. Going 10's at 144mph is very exciting.
Lol Mitsubishi owners don't know shit thats a good one. I guess Honda owners know it all. You don't see us Mitsubishi owners complaining about a ricer Mitsubishi do you? I have yet to see a thread. Most of us keep ours clean and those who go a little different we either don't like it but still keep it positive or we appraise the person for going different. Thats why Mitsubishi holds its character even after Fast & Furious 1. You don't know SHIT about Mitsubishi's so don't assume, you only know what you have put into your car. Can you vouch for every Honda out there? Not every Honda is running your setup, not even 99.9% is. Again, I'm talking about Honda's and RICE not Honda's in general. Can people not read on TR, if so this is a new one for me lol.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Resident Dingo

Originally Posted by JDMevo
Lol Mitsubishi owners don't know shit thats a good one. I guess Honda owners know it all. You don't see us Mitsubishi owners complaining about a ricer Mitsubishi do you? I have yet to see a thread. Most of us keep ours clean and those who go a little different we either don't like it but still keep it positive or we appraise the person for going different. Thats why Mitsubishi holds its character even after Fast & Furious 1. You don't know SHIT about Mitsubishi's so don't assume, you only know what you have put into your car. Can you vouch for every Honda out there? Not every Honda is running your setup, not even 99.9% is. Again, I'm talking about Honda's and RICE not Honda's in general. Can people not read on TR, if so this is a new one for me lol.
it's because these poor ass 16 year olds that drive these beater ass riced out hondas cant afford mitsu parts for when they break. i've had a gst and a gsx and i know first hand that those parts dont come cheap.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:21 AM

To answer your question Alpha about me selling my car. NEVER!!!! I love my car and it's nice to be different then everyone else. I have paid a high price though. Going 10's at 144mph is very exciting.
Yes it is exciting in our little cars. When you see that single digit it will be a whole new ball game.

Yeah well look at your setup and look at a Ricer Honda with that size piping... now start laughing. TR is funny I talk about a Ricer Honda and those who own Honda's and don't think their car is rice take it all serious. Your embarrassed to drive a Honda but yet you drive one. Can I laugh now

This thread was pointless. I chimed in with my opinions... take it or leave it but no one wants to hear any crying and that fwd sucks. Most of us know fwd sucks but we still have a fwd car.
I still have yet to see a ricer Honda with a 4" downpipe or exhaust I dont take it serious but it gets a bit old hearing about Honda's this Honda's that over the years. Get over it. Yes there a lot of ricers with Honda's. There are a lot of ricers with Mitsubishi's. I dont think FWD sucks persay but I know it's not the best platform. We work around it. Limiting straps, tires, suspension, traction bars, electronic controls, etc. Most of the FWD's you see cry on TR spent all their money on making power and cheaped out on traction.
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead
Old 04-29-2006, 10:24 AM

Tractions owns us FWD owners I know. I hate it and I hate wheel hop. But for some reason lol I can't stay away from it. Honda's took on a reputation. If your different from that reputation and you own a Honda then hey this really shouldn't bother you. Thats what I've been trying to convey.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:59 AM
previously SLOWBOOST

Damn dude, you make people hate you everywhere.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:50 AM
is doing your girlfriend

Prodrive spool=$600
Stage 5 axles=$1800

For a comparison.
for a Ford 8.8 which is in 90% of Mustangs.

31-spline Moser spool $190
Richmond 4.56 gears $192
31-spline Moser axels $235

That is strong enough to hold a Slick-tired car with 700 ft/lbs of torque and a race tranny.

It cost alot more to make a Honda that will produce and hold high power levels compared to a RWD domestic. Rons car is bad ass but like he said it is not cheap. If it was cheap then everyone would have a 10 second Honda.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 04-29-2006, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by SLOWBOOST
Damn dude, you make people hate you everywhere.
they hate the truth and truth hurts. People take this online stuff to the heart. No pun intended.

Life is full of haters, I just expose them
Old 04-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

they hate the truth and truth hurts. People take this online stuff to the heart. No pun intended.

Life is full of haters, I just expose them
Reason i said you dont know shit is because you are quoting ebay diff's for less then $400. I dont know anything about Mitu that is why i dont talk about them. Like i said before a good diff cost $900 and that is for most FWD cars. Phantom grips dont count because that is not a diff. A Kazz or a Quaife is a diff. I'm a ricer and can you spot me 20 car lengths?
Old 04-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Mechanical Engineer

to be completely honest,

i want to go fast, and im a college student. i cant see myself starting right off the bat with a handicap being fwd and a small motor

that has been my philosphy, and im sticking to it. i give credit where credit is due and there are some really fast fwd 4 cyls out there, but i wont ever be doing one

just my .02

Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development

USF Formula and Baja racing Alumni/Consultant

Quick Reply: I'm embarrassed to drive a Honda