General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

My luck sucks!!!

Old 04-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Everyday A S S H O L E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My luck sucks!!!

OK well here goes I was 3 hours from home on Easter visiting family and on the way home my wifes car(96 cavalier 2.2) makes a lil noise then about a mile down the road theres a big noise along with some shaking grinding and some other fun things. A big cloud of smoke and the smell of tranny fluid. Her tranny just gave out she has no gears whatsoever.... We had it towed to her moms house rented a car and got home safely... Then on my way taking her to work (4/19/06) about 5 miles from my house I hear a loud pop and some metal on metal sound and I lose all oil pressure so I shut the car down(90 cavalier 2.2) and get over to the turn lane and lift the hood to see a hole the size of my fist right where the oil filler tube goes into the block NOT GOOD... so I get it towed after 4 hours of just settin there(Damn Alltel Mr.Rescue)... So now Im trying to take her motor and my tranny put them together and swap it in my car ASAP so we have one good running car without buying a new block or new tranny but I think I will need a new ECM (computer) out of a 92-3 5-speed 2.2 cavalier as well as the fuel injector harness to run her motor in my car. But i dont want to swap my gauges or anything else for that matter to a 92-3 cavalier gauges and other stuff. Mine is Throttle Body Injected and hers is Multi Port Injected so thats why I think i need the new ECM to run the fuel injectors, aswell I need a Injector Harness, and I need some other parts but I think/hope I can get them off her car but I really dont have place to work on them since I live in an Apartment complex but if I have to I will do it in the parking lot...(if any of you have or know of a place I could use for a week or so let me know ASAP please) But i've been pissed since then just tryin to vent but it's not working...Also if you know about cars/cavaliers and want to help or give me some info on the swap anything will be appreciated...Thanks
Heres a pic of the hole in my block...

Old 04-21-2006, 05:23 PM
i'm a dong kae

why don't you put your tranny in her car?
Old 04-21-2006, 05:38 PM
RIP DJ YOU WILL BE MISSED

thats what you get for driving a cavelier....... i once read that those things are great for one thing... ou are suppost to buy it, and then jump it until its dead. good luck with the repairs tho.

RIP my very best friend. DJ aka djzstang1 you will be missed dearly. I love you bro.

1995 240sx se
1992 240sx
1990 240sx se
1991 240sx hicas sr20det MDX
1991 240sx project coupe
1990 240sx drift beater hatch
1993 240sx sr20det
Old 04-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Everyday A S S H O L E

Hers is an auto and mine is a 5-speed. Plus we were thinkin about getting her a new car anyway just need to save some cash and with this happening kinda puts a damper on things...So i'm tryin to take what we have and make it work without spending to much cash..
Old 04-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Pastafarian FOR LIFE!!!!!

Can you do the swap on the grass? Im hurting for money, and for $100 you can do the swap over at my house, you can keep it here for a week or 2. The problem is im over in NPR and your in tampa.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Shake n' Bake

Originally Posted by lordofthemiasma
thats what you get for driving a cavelier....... i once read that those things are great for one thing... ou are suppost to buy it, and then jump it until its dead. good luck with the repairs tho.
cause motors only break in cavaliers......

BTW id just get a cheap junkyard motor or tranny and throw it in there for the time being, they cant be much.....

Old 04-21-2006, 07:24 PM
aspiring luder

yeah, as common as they are, you could probably fix them both for not a whole lot, and even if you get her a new car, with a couple hundred bucks you could get alot more for the car...well, as much as you can get fo a cavelier

you do have crappy luck though, sorry man, hope it all works out
Old 04-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Everyday A S S H O L E

Yeah, I called a few Junkyards and for her tranny it's 300+ and they dont even have my block or my motor...so she dont want to fix her car plus i can part it out or use some parts in my car...But i'm just tryin to make sure it will work in my car??? Not too sure if it will....Never swapped a motor before... Does anyone know of a 90 cavalier 2.2 for parts anywhere??
Old 04-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Everyday A S S H O L E

well i called 4 yards and they didnt have any older 2.2's..