General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

SRT-4 Accident - 4 People Ejected

Old 04-19-2006, 03:46 AM
<<<Tampa<<< >>>Bay>>>

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-4 Accident - 4 People Ejected

Four people ejected from speeding car in Tarpon Springs

Tarpon Springs, Florida - Emergency crews say four people were thrown from a car in a major wreck in Tarpon Springs late Tuesday night.

Witnesses say the car flew over a bump in the road before hitting an unoccupied car, then slamming into a utility pole.

Four of the five people inside the car were ejected. Witnesses say the driver, although injured, was able to walk away.

The crash broke a utility pole in half. Progress Energy crews say they'll be forced to shut off power to some area homes while they repair the pole and downed lines.

Meanwhile, Florida Highway Patrol is still investigating what happened.

10 News has a crew live at the scene this morning.*You can also watch "10 News This Morning" for the story.
http://wtsp.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=29081
Does anyone have any info on this? Anyone on the site?
Old 04-19-2006, 03:48 AM
<<<Tampa<<< >>>Bay>>>

Another source.
TARPON SPRINGS – At least three people were seriously injured in a late-night crash on a quiet residential road Tuesday.

A red car careened down Pasaje Avenue shortly before 11 p.m., ejecting passengers as it demolished mailboxes and fences, flinging parts across front lawns and splitting a pair of telephone poles.

Katrina Miller and Price Pelt were in bed watching television when they heard the crash unfold outside their house. When they opened their front door, they emerged into a dust cloud, downed power lines, and a woman laying on the side of the road, bleeding extensively from her head, Pelt said.

“It was total chaos when we walked out the door,” Pelt said.

The call was initially dispatched as four pedestrians struck, but Pelt said the people hit were all in the car at the time of the accident. He thought most of them were probably in their late teens or early 20s.

Pelt, a carpenter, tried to help and eventually grabbed some halogen lights to illuminate the darkened road and used some wood to prop up downed power lines so fire engines could get to the extensive crash scene.

The crash ended on the 500 block of Pasaje Avenue, near where it dead ends.

Pelt, who said he has lived on the street for 35 years, said the car appeared to speed over a hill just west of Dixie Highway, going airborne before crashing to the ground and losing control.

The Florida Highway Patrol continued to investigate the crash early Wednesday – surveying the nearly two blocks of debris and destruction caused by the wreck.

Medical helicopters flew at least three of the people to area hospitals; their conditions were unknown early Wednesday.

Pelt, 35, said the driver of the car emerged dazed, but seemed mostly unhurt. By the time the car had stopped after hitting the second telephone pole, residents were pouring out of their houses amid screams of the injured passengers.

A rear view light, parts of a neighbor’s mailbox and other indistinguishable car parts were strewn on Pelt’s front lawn. The impact tore down part of his chain-link fence, and the red car badly damaged a friend’s car that was parked in front of the house.

More details about the accident likely will not be available until later this morning.
http://tboblogs.com/index.php/newswi...arpon_springs/

I caught it on the news this morning. The car is obviously completely fucked.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:47 AM

dam man that sucks, thats wut happens when ur not careful and u screw around...
Old 04-19-2006, 05:20 AM
Grandpa

Srt4?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:32 AM

i hope everyone learns from this and for the people involved in the accident recover but dont do stupid shit and this stuff wouldn't happen.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Ru Noises...

they probable purposely hit the hump going fast like teens do all the time in clw!
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
aka Distortion

There is a red one at SPC Tarpon Campus that I attend...That might be him..If anyone can get a front shot of the car and tell me if it has a silver mesh grill...Then it deff is him...Didnt know him personally just seen it around...That is very tragic.

My Flickr Page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkloepfer/
Old 04-19-2006, 01:35 PM
MINI LOVE>

that sucks.

My Mini will kick your Mustang's ass
Lazyman crew #004
. . . CUE >> Auto Restyling
35920 SR 54, Zephyrhills
(813) 779-3991
Old 04-19-2006, 01:57 PM
I give out Dutch Ovens!!!

Originally Posted by Srt4You
There is a red one at SPC Tarpon Campus that I attend...That might be him..If anyone can get a front shot of the car and tell me if it has a silver mesh grill...Then it deff is him...Didnt know him personally just seen it around...That is very tragic.
I'll look for one when I go to class tomorrow if I see a Red Skittle...if not, I can assume it was him. I've seen it too just I dont know the guy.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Keep it REAL

3 of the 4 people ejected were not wearing their seatbelts, and one of them has died.

It was a red SRT-4.

Mazda 2 Forums

R.I.P. Pablo 'Fathead' Garcia - Love you man! See you on the other side!
R.I.P. Kevin 'Slo_Si' Gonzalez - You will be missed!