General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

I need legal advice ASAP

Old 04-17-2006, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need legal advice ASAP

Ok i go to high school and is part of the tennis team,on April 3rd we had a home game,the team leaves at about 1:45 to go to the game,me,a team mate,a friend who is doing crime watch and let's call this person "bob" are all walking out to the student parking lot.I go in my car to start it up,"bob" jokingly puts his shoe on my hood to tie his shoe,i'm not cool with that but i blew it off and told him to get off my hood,"bob" then proceeds to tie his other shoe,at this point i really dont want to say anything else from him and so i pulled the car back...AWAY from him,"bob" started laughing and jokingly started to chase me in slow motion running,"bob" then decided to JUMP on my hood,me being the driver and my team mate who was in the passenger seat didnt know the damage that was caused,my friend,the one that was doing crime watch screamed "oh shit!!!" i walked out of my car and said "are you fucking kidding me?!" there was a dent the size of a human body on my hood,"bob" said "man just hit it from inside"..I did,there is about 6-7 dents left that CANT be hit from inside because they're on the brace of the hood,i was about to fucking knock him out but i just said we're going to your dad's office now,we went to his dad's office and "bob"'s dad said "oh dont worry son,i know someone who will take care of that",i called him the next day and he told me to go to the body shop he recommended,i went and got the estimate,the body shop guy spoke directly to "bob"'s dad and told him it cant be fixed and a new hood is needed,the cost will be $275 parts and labor.The bodyshop is far away,i didnt know their work quality and i'll be out of a car for a couple of days..knowing that i spoke to "bob"'s dad and said "look give me $250 and I'll take care of it my self"...."bob"'s dad said "ok i'll do that,I'll have your money next week"...now it's the week after(April 10th)i called "bob"'s dad and he said "i dont have the money yet,call me back thursday",i did and on thursday,April 13,he said "look son,i'll give you a call tommorow",April the 14th is Good Friday and there is no school,i've waited all day and still no call at about 5pm i started calling until about 10pm,i've made about 40 calls and left about 6 voicemails,10:30pm "bob"s dad finally called me back and he doesnt even remember who i am,i reminded him and he told me to call back monday,TODAY which is April 17th,exactly TWO WEEKS since the incident,i called at him at 9:45ish..left a message..no answer i kept calling..about 20 times in a row,no answer,went back to sleep until 10:30 tried calling him back about 30 times,still no answer,it's about 12pm now and i'm overly pisssed,i went to his office where i found him sleeping on his desk,i told his assistant that and i can hear him screaming "he cant just walk in here like that!" i told his assistant i made about 35-40 calls and no return then he called me in screaming "come in young man!" once in his office i said

"sorry for bothering you at work"
he said "you're ok,sit down i want to get to the bottom of this"
i sat and he said"look son i dont have the money,and i cant just give you $250 cash,it will have to be in parts..other than that,there's nothing i can do,i might be able to give you $100 this friday"
i said "look sir,i'm not trying to judge your character but it seems like you're trying to blow me off every time i call"
he said "no i'm not trying to blow you off,and as far as my character and money goes...they have nothing to do with each other"
i said "so should i be expecting a call from you this friday sir or should i call you?"
he said"you call me"

this is fucking bullshit,he tells me he has no money but he's an attorney assistant of some sort...drives a nice car..plays golf...his son has all the new jordans that comes out..so you're telling me he can buy his son shoes at $150 a pop but cant pay me my $250???????

this is fucking ridiculous,should i call the cops now or what?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:22 AM

He has the money, but He knows he can get away with pulling a fast one on a young kid. I'd call the police and perhaps your insurance company. They can go after him for the money.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:24 AM

yeah i have two witnesses that saw it 1st hand and one that saw it from afar
Old 04-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Bolt-On 2v GT

small claims court FTW

threaten him with legal action, if he doesn't move then go ahead and proceed with the legalities

"Does this look like a piece of crap to you? Like them spinnin' tires do you?"
Old 04-17-2006, 09:27 AM
White girls suck;)

Dont call the cops. Take him to civil court. Get a written notorized statement from all the witness's and schedule a court date. Take pics, and get body shop quote of course.
Sounds more complicated than it is but, Get all the info you could possibly need then go to the court house and they can help you out.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:27 AM

yeah i'm going to the sheriff's station now to ask for advice
Old 04-17-2006, 09:35 AM
USMC

hell, even if you get an attorney to call him, i bet he'll get scared and pay up.
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:20 AM
yep, ima member

get a estiment and show it to him. if he doesnt pay on the spot tell him your calling your lawyer...and the cops...fuck him over like he is doing to you...