General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

I don't get it, someone tell me how in the world this is possible???

Old 02-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Livin' Large

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't get it, someone tell me how in the world this is possible???

OK, so I am driving back from Tampa just a short while ago in my rusted out, gas guzzling, big block V-8, '87 chevy car hauler with a million miles and a full size truck on the back. A guy passes me in the left lane with a mid 90's 4 door civic with the Autozone performance package (small wing, fart tip, altezzas). As he goes by (no faster than 70, not beating on it, driving normal) my buddy comments to me, "why would you put a wing, exhaust, and tail lights on a car and then keep stock hubcaps?" I replied, "Maybe it's a sleeper" What happened next I have never seen before in my life (and I've probably driven close to a million miles by now). No sooner than I say that, the entire car disappears in a cloud of oil smoke. I'm not talking a little oil leak or blowby, I'm talking I took my foot off the gas and covered the brake because I couldn't see where the hell I was going smoke screen. I slowed to probably 50 or so and he coasted into the left emergency lane. As I went by I could see the inside of his car filling with smoke through the vents while he looked all around with this panicked look on his face. We had a good laugh, I said I had to share this when I got back, and I gave it a little gas to get back up to speed and went on down the road. Now, I am not posting this to bash imports, hopefully everyone knows where I stand on these retarded "import vs. domestic" arguements. I am merely trying to show that everything breaks and it is possible for the most reliable car in the world to leave you stranded on the side of the Howard Franklin bridge in the middle of heavy traffic.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:22 AM
The Boss

that sucks for that guy

"I'm the one that killed Monday, whooped Tuesday and put Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the hospital." - Dolemite
Old 02-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Banned

HAHAHAHA he tried a David Copperfeild move but it back fired on him.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:30 AM
is doing your girlfriend

did you have a car on the hauler? if not you should have pulled over and offered him a tow. for a price.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 02-23-2006, 09:30 AM
realer than most

cool.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:35 AM
Livin' Large

Originally Posted by Duceanahalf
did you have a car on the hauler? if not you should have pulled over and offered him a tow. for a price.
Yeah, full size truck. Plus to be honest, I'm not going to get killed trying to load a car on the bridge anyway. Had it been on a regular road, possibly, but not on the bridge (unless it was Alberto (Pollo) I would have done it for him and he knows that)
Old 02-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Grift Consultant

Originally Posted by BigBadBuick
I am merely trying to show that everything breaks and it is possible for the most reliable car in the world to leave you stranded on the side of the Howard Franklin bridge in the middle of heavy traffic.
that's what happens when people spend money on plumage instead of under the hood.
"The genius of any slave system is found in the dynamics which isolate slaves from each other, obscure the reality of a common condition, and make united rebellion against the oppressor inconceivable." ~Andrea Dworkin

"If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law." ~Henry David Thoreau, 1849

That's right, bitches, TWO quotes!
Old 02-23-2006, 09:45 AM

awsome. sucks for him.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

I was waiting to read that he tried to race your truck. Blowing up is pretty good too. I had an import sport bike do the same thing trying to run from my Magna a while back. The guy had to pull off the road.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:32 AM
VQ35DE 6MT Sport

I have a mid 90's civic on hubcaps...

StricKly MT