General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

bs ticket, worth fighting?

Old 01-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Kung Fu comes standard™

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bs ticket, worth fighting?

i was on my way to a friend's house tonight. there is a intersection (laurel and 41 in nokomis) with a (on/off "no turn on red") i've been around the area for over 7-8 years, and i was well aware of that light. i rolled up to the light with that sign off. then i pulled up a litte more, looked at traffic and took a right on red.

seconds later, i was on the side of the road with a ticket in my hand for "disobeying a traffic signal". the officer told me to don't try to fight it because his collegue has the whole thing on video, they were out in a "10 car wolf pack" to pull people over who ran that sign. it's 118 dollars and i swear i didn't see the sign lite up when i pulled up to it. the only explaination is that i saw no light, pull up to see traffic, light comes on (now out of my view) and i pulled out due to clear traffic.

is it worth it to fight something like that? or should i just take it in and pay the bill?

Last edited by Xiwei; 01-28-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:18 PM
I got fired last week

I wouldnt bother fighting it, if they set up just to nail people for it, you're screwed
Old 01-28-2006, 12:10 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

That sign and their bust sound like bullcrap to me. Get a lawyer and fight it just on the general priciple that 10 car wolf-packs for any sort of traffic enforcement are a massive waste of cop manpower to line their coffers with ticket money. Sounds like they knew it was easy for people to get caught out pulling past the sign to see traffic, and they took advantage of it to make some money.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jordan Y.
That sign and their bust sound like bullcrap to me. Get a lawyer and fight it just on the general priciple that 10 car wolf-packs for any sort of traffic enforcement are a massive waste of cop manpower to line their coffers with ticket money. Sounds like they knew it was easy for people to get caught out pulling past the sign to see traffic, and they took advantage of it to make some money.
+1, and the fact that he told you "dont bother fighting it"? What the fuck is that? Go for it.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Ru Noises...

go for it, you will probable win, i want to carry a tape recorder everytime i drive just incase a popo pulls me over!
Old 01-28-2006, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by VolvoBoiClw
go for it, you will probable win, i want to carry a tape recorder everytime i drive just incase a popo pulls me over!

cell phones
Old 01-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Ru Noises...

great idea! lol never thought about it
Old 01-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Green with Envy

suck it up you can afford it.

'06 Mazdaspeed 6
L3-VDT

'02 S2000... Sold
F20c

'93 Civic dx... Sold
B18C1

'95 4dr. GSR... Sold
B18C1 Supercharged

'95 LS... Sold

Originally Posted by shamoo
I have no problems punching a 10 year old in the face if they dented my car with intent.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Kung Fu comes standard™

Originally Posted by Oz_
Left on red WTF are you talking about.. there is no left on red, you ran the light pay the ticket.
oh crap, sorry right on red
Old 01-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Kung Fu comes standard™

Originally Posted by Oz_
oh ok then fight it !! lol i was like are you serious? lol Left on red the Left red arrow means DONT GO !!! lol Most of those lighted signs have a White sign next to them have have Times and days it applies to. If there isnt one and the light is off then you can go. Fight it they can tell when the light is on and off Its on a timer and the ticket has a time on it. Simple, fight it.
the light is not on a timer. the light is set so that when the turn signal comes on for laurel road to 41 comes on, that light comes on to prevent collision of cars taking the turns